Separate About Me Member Tab

mrbo

Is it possible to create an about me tab and the text showing up in the big box?

( We are a small community and ask our members about 20 questions to get to know each other better and the left panel area is to tight for all the questions and answers) 

2018-06-22 10_37_49-MrB - Team651.png

By default, it depends on the "field type" you choose when creating the custom profile fields.  I'm not sure which ones exactly go in the sidebar and which show up as tabs, but through my own use, I know an editor field type would switch it to a tab instead of squished to the sidebar, but I don't think that would work in this situation since you want them to answer questions.

7 hours ago, mrbo said:

Could you explain a bit how you do that? 

Sure.

Go to the profile field you want to change > Click edit > Under Field Settings, you would change "Field Type" to Editor, or another one of your choosing if you want to play around with the different types to see what shows in the sidebar and what shows as a tab. 

Some fields cannot transfer already inputted information once the type is changed, so it's best to make a tester profile field so your members who have filled out their questions won't have to redo it.

Archived