Subforums Or Other Approach

Maria Hill

I am building a social learning community and just purchased IPBoard. I have 3 distinct topic groups and will have three different membership programs. One is Monthly Enrichment, the next a Foundation Course and the final one is Culture. I want a distinct forum for each because I want each to be restricted. I created a main form and then created 2 subforums. I do not know if that is the right approach and if it is how do I display them on the site. All of these forums are on one site. Thanks for your help.

You can use 3 different groups. If one user joins a program, you will have to assign that user to that group.
Each group should have access restricted or allowed to the different forums.
3 Groups, let's call them: Enrichment Group, Foundation Group & Culture Group
Example

Main Category called: "Subscription Program" ( for each group make that category visible to moderators, admin and those 3 groups: Enrichment, Foundation & culture)
Then create a forum called "Monthly Enrichment" and assign permissions to Enrichment Group ONLY ( so they can see, publish & reply )
Then create a forum called "Foundation Course" and assign permissions to Foundation group ONLY ( so they can see, publish & reply)
Then create a forum called "Culture" and assign permissions to Culture group ONLY (so they can see, publish & reply )

Archived