Myisam to Innodb conversion and the rebuild search index

marklcfc

I changed my database from myisam to innodb, have been rebuilding the search index for the past 18 hours and posts are going incredibly slow, only at 22%. Previously, the whole rebuild took around 5-6 hours to complete. Why is it taking so long now?

Server load hasn't gone below 4 since the conversion either, it used to always be 0-1.

On the third day and still not completed the rebuild search index, 84%.

Can anyone advise regarding innodb settings should be? As mentioned the server load has also not gone below 4 yet and memory used has gone from below 20% to always above 45%.

-------- InnoDB Metrics ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[--] InnoDB is enabled.
[OK] InnoDB buffer pool / data size: 8.0G/7.0G
[OK] InnoDB buffer pool instances: 8
[OK] InnoDB Used buffer: 95.76% (502032 used/ 524280 total)
[OK] InnoDB Read buffer efficiency: 100.00% (18051963354 hits/ 18052269657 total)
[OK] InnoDB Write log efficiency: 95.95% (109985142 hits/ 114625893 total)
[OK] InnoDB log waits: 0.00% (0 waits / 4640751 writes)

mysqltuner.thumb.png.ce6fe3a3ded792ee98543fb1386a0ddc.png

Automatically with traffic (and I have traffic) but it never took more than 5-6 hours to complete on myisam. Don't know whether it's because its the first time on innodb or there is an issue.

I ran a new ips install to test and for some reason it took 10 minutes to complete the installation, never took more than a minute to complete on myisam. Same with importing a theme, almost a single minute just to import it when it was a matter of seconds previously.

My hosts just say mysql is busy rebuilding the search index so I shouldn't be comparing these other tasks whilst that's running, but it doesn't make sense for it to be running for 3 days and still not complete.

Archived