Incorrect HTML tag in unsubscribe error message

pequeno

When a user try unsubscribe and have a error message, the mail shows te text with the

<a href=

tag. Example:

We could not find your account in order to unsubscribe you from emails. If you have recently altered your email or password, the unsubscribe link may have expired. You can alter your notifications settings from your <a href='www.website.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=notifications&do=options'>control panel</a>.

The link point to

https://www.website.com/notifications/options/?do=options'

and shows the notifications list, no the notifications settings.

That might be true, but that is not enough:

We need a 1-click-unsubscribe option without requiring to be logged in.

If you click on that link (in emails), a window should popup in the browser that says "Are you sure you want to unsubscribe from all emails?". If you select "yes", you should automatically be unsubscribed without being logged in and without being called for further actions. Hence the 1-click-unsubscribe link should have some encrypted account identifier to stop all emails for annoyed users directly (but still keeping the member account!).

It's ok if users can adjust their notification settings and link to them (in addition to the mentioned 1-click-unsubscribe function before). But there are users that haven't been online for 10 years maybe, not knowing their passwords anymore. Most of them won't log in to adjust notifications settings (and haven't seen these options in their lifes before, so they will be unfamiliar with notification settings) but report your email as spam. Finally email providers will just block all of your emails and that will be the definite end of email marketing via the IPS bulk mailer.

This is a very important feature: WE NEED 1-CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE FROM BULK MAIL FOR MEMBERS WITHOUT BEING LOGGED IN!

Hi,

yes, maybe it's a misunderstanding, but if you click on the link (while not being logged in the community), you don't get to the notifications settings. It can only show your settings if you are already logged in.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I assume.

Therefore I posted the problem with missing "1-click-unsubscribe" without login.

But this should have been better placed in the "product feedback" section. Sorry for this.

Ah ok, now I understand.

I also have some template-related issues, I'm not sure if all IPS upgrades worked correct for me and requires further investigation (issue might be related to other former server errors)

You can check in ACP if your email templates are correct.

ACP -> Customization -> Appearance -> Emails -> choose the correct template here

You can also reset them to the original status, if you've done previous changes in the past.

One other idea would be, that you use a 3rd party plugin, that might have changed the email templates to a wrong version?

If that doesn't help, it might be an IPS bug (others have this, too, and can confirm?), then you best submit a support ticket to IPS.

16 minutes ago, pequeno said:

Thank you. No template mail for this message. 

How can I send this mail for reproduce this error and test it?

Right, i can reproduce the error send a unsubscribe fictional url .

I want to clarify that the error message that the user receives in forum is correct. What is wrong is the error mail that the administrator receives.

error_unsubscribe_forum.thumb.png.f96a6ee411e64c0adfef20fa8fe25ec6.png

error_unsubscribe_mail_admin.thumb.png.95b9b992e2942efba04426b71320b9e1.png

Archived