user fail uploading to downloads. What does this mean?

SJ77

Is it just that member or more general ?

Are you able to duplicate it yourself (using your own account) ?

Looking at the size of the upload 230mb its possible you're way over php's upload_max_filesize or post_max_size

The second one especially if its over that it will never be 'accepted' as php will not "see" it at the end.

You can either look at your server limits via a php info file or there's a link in the ACP to see this too. Go to ACP > System > Support > On the far right hand side in the System Information area, under the php version information there's usually a link to phpinfo. Click that and browser search for those two terms I posted. :)

It should not really allow you to upload files > your php limits...

I'd say a "quick fix" would be to ask your host to increase those two files, they may or may not be willing to do this though but its worth asking. Sometimes they do it for you, other times they'll tell you to use a local php.ini file to override the default values.

17 hours ago, AndyF said:

It should not really allow you to upload files > your php limits...

I'd say a "quick fix" would be to ask your host to increase those two files, they may or may not be willing to do this though but its worth asking. Sometimes they do it for you, other times they'll tell you to use a local php.ini file to override the default values.

I am the host.

Also strangely, the php limits really are not the limiting factor (against all logic) it's working without the php increase. Do you know what might be going on?

Archived