Issue setting toolbar buttons settings

Strakks

Hey I find it hard to set permission for each groups of each toolbar button. What I want to do is set permissions for some of the groups that are not in line with the other. But considering the  93c651c8e9d3497aa04021ace309506e.png  area that doesnt seem to be possible. They have to be located in the same order what ive found out. Or could anyone tell me how you select groups?

2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Unless I'm missing something here - the select box that appears right above that one?

Screenshot_7.png

Oh well, sorry I meant where it will be shown! I want it do be shown in diffrent apartments but I'm not sure of how to do that

14 minutes ago, Simon Woods said:

Do you mean different parts of your site? For example: in one forum but not another, in Articles but not blogs?

Yes. I find it hard to select areas that are not in line with each other in the box. If you get what I'm saying

Like I want to select only administrators and moderators, I have to select the groups in between as well.

7 minutes ago, Simon Woods said:

Oh! Right.

You hold ctrl + select each group that you want. That's on Windows, I don't know how it works on other operating systems.

Oh thanks! You're the boss! You  dont happend to know how to adjust the search bar on my board? Can I get it as a block, or will  I have to manage it in the theme CSS? What I want to do is to get it bigger and move it from the corner to the center!

9 minutes ago, Strakks said:

Oh thanks! You're the boss! You  dont happend to know how to adjust the search bar on my board? Can I get it as a block, or will  I have to manage it in the theme CSS? What I want to do is to get it bigger and move it from the corner to the center!

Sounds like a theme edit to me but I don't know the details, sorry. I suggest you post the query in Product Guidance or Theme Assistance.

1 hour ago, Strakks said:

Well, you might know why I can't use the search bar/form as a guest? Some keywords works, others just sends the guest to the error page. Im confused..

It depends on the error page but that sounds like guests just don't have permission to view certain parts of your site.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-11-29 at 4:37 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

What keywords exactly send to an error page, and what error page is that?

When you are on the homescreen as a guest and make a search in the searchbar, it navigates you to the content. However from there (the searched area) when you make a new search, you get directed to the error page.

13 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

You said 'some keywords work' and 'others just send the guests to the error page' - which keyworks work? Which ones don't?

And what error page exactly?

I've found out that every keyword works, but not in the once searched area..

Archived