Change in the way error message displayed?

imJexs

I have recently installed the latest update for IPS and it seems to have broken a few custom error messages that I was using on a few pages.

Basically I was running a few checks on page load, and if they failed I would use: \IPS\Output::i()->error("Message", "CODE");

However, it seems to be broken now. Is there a different way to achieve displaying an error message or is it just me that this isn't working for?

Thank you!

EDIT:

I just did a little more digging and it almost seems as though ->error is handled by the theme to display the message? With that being said, could it be that my theme is not configured to handle this message? I don't see that being the case as it is from IPSFocus. Thoughts?

EDIT EDIT:

I have tested on 2 different themes now and am still getting the same error.

Just now, Simon Woods said:

Did you ask on IPSFocus?

I have not. I just tested on 2 more themes and am getting the same issue. The page just hangs and eventually dies due to PHP timeout. Makes me think it's an issue with IPS. If no one else has any ideas I may open a support ticket.

25 minutes ago, pndemc said:

I have not. I just tested on 2 more themes and am getting the same issue. The page just hangs and eventually dies due to PHP timeout. Makes me think it's an issue with IPS. If no one else has any ideas I may open a support ticket.

Oh, on another themes as well; I agree that it is likely an IPS issue -- good plan.

Archived