How To Change The Report-To Email Address?

Morpheo

When users use the "report" function on the forum, the admin gets sent an email notification. But I don't see where this email address is set in the settings. Can someone please tell me how to change that email? It seems different from the main admin email.

If you refer to notifications about reports appearing in your report center, then that should be sent to your account email. The notification settings for this are found together with your other notification settings.

Do you maybe refer to mail from the contact form and automatic mails delivered from errors in your forum? Then that is sent to the mail address defined as "Incoming email address" in your settings. You should be able to find it by searching for "incoming" in the Admin CP search (top right) or navigate to System -> Settings -> Email Settings (Assuming IPS 4.1)

I am referring to receiving emails like this:

"XXXXXXX has reported something"

These emails are being sent to a different email address than the one that I have set for my main Admin account. It seems like the system is using an old email address which I no longer use anywhere. But I am unable to change it in the system.

Yes, I'm using v4.1

Okay, and you're absolutely sure you don't have an extra account with administrator or moderator privileges?

Search for that email address you receive these reports to in your ACP search in the top right. Make sure you search for the actual address the email was sent to. For example, in most cases it doesn't matter whether there is a dot ( . ) in the part before @ of the mail address or not. So both hello.there@gmail.com and hellothere@gmail.com will get sent to the same email account.

If you don't find any extra account you may have with that method, then go to System -> Staff -> Administrators and System -> Staff -> Moderators. Review any members that show up there and any groups by going to Members -> Groups and click the number of members within the group to get all members of those staff groups listed.

If you're still unable to resolve the situation, then I don't know. :/

Archived