Migration Problems

rebecah

Is there a list of tables that can not be imported into an IPS database?  I've been trying for days to set up our site on a new server and importing the full database does not work.  I've tried not importing the cache tables.  I've searched for info on this and can't find that I shouldn't be able to import them all.  I'm just stumped.  Any help would be much appreciated.

I am trying to reset up IPS 3.4.9 so that I can update to 4.1.12.1.  My old server did not have the needed php 5.6.

Is there a tool that will fix my ips tables?  I am still trying to get my migrations to work and it just keeps failing.  I'm almost at the end of my rope.  Any help would be very much appreciated.  I've been trying to import just a few table at a time, and I have found some errors in a few, one of them being my member table.  I have gone through and checked each section with bigdump and fixed all of the utf8 issues.  I know I could put in a ticket, but my .com name still has not transferred, I'm using the  same web name only  .info. 

I keep getting a Fatal Error, even if I import a table that had been working.  I create a backup table every so often.

How big of a site is this that you're trying to do?  If you're trying to import through Phpmyadmin it is highly likely that it is timing out during the import.   I do it all from the command line now because my database is over 2 gig. 

Is your old site is still operational?  If you need to hire out the move, I can do it for you for a fee that we can discuss in PM.   I run my own servers and have moved my site around a bunch of times.

The site is not quite as large as your's but my database is over a gig.  I've had is since 2010, but we do prune thing out quite often so that it does not get so large.  I split the file into smaller chunks.  It's not timing out.  I tried to use the backup restore option to restore a backup of my database and it did time out.  

My original site quit working yesterday, and I'm sure I didn't change anything.  I even tried to restore a backup database and that didn't work.  I'm afraid my database is just gotten corrupted or something.  I'm uploading a full backup of the site to try to restore that but it has taken almost all day and still has 4 hours to go.  I feel like I've just wasted so many days of my life, and am getting very frustrated.  I can not believe my .com name has taken so long to transfer, and am concerned that maybe some of the issues are due to my not being able to enter the license number.  I'm just grasping at straws, trying to find the answer.  

I very much appreciate your offer, and I will have to get back to you if I can't figure it out.  Thanks so very much for responding and for your help.

I finally found my problem the whole time it was the .htaccess file was missing the friendly url info.  I completely forgot all about that.  Hopefully this will help someone else.

.htacess file must contain the following and be placed in the root of your forum folder.  

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options -MultiViews
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /IPB/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule \.(jpeg|jpg|gif|png)$ /IPB/public/404.php [NC,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /IPB/index.php [L]
</IfModule>

Archived