Article in moderation queue cannot be edit by user

ipbfuck

Hi!

I've an user something write article but if write a long article not exist any way to save in draft or maintain in moderation queue (unapprove status) and permit future edit to continue this article before finish.

then, something like: "draft status forn not complete articles - or permit edit if unapproved ..." can be a good way for this problem!

atm, simply, i cannot provide a valid way for this!

> if an user glad to write article cannot make partial article (if start and cannot complete, simply, is best to delete)!

-

please, fix this.

Really? ... therefore, something is wrong in my permission settings!

Their - my users - can edit own articles only if are published, not if i don't have already approved.

and, obviously, i can't approve if is "just a part" of article and isn't completed :/

---

thanks for reply (and i've this problem from many time...) :p

i go to (re)check my settings ^_^

The one thing I think that I've found that people have a difficulty with in pages is that the buttons for editing and reporting are too close and have no definition. I changed mine so you can tell the difference and it made all the difference in the world to my members.

The "strangest" is (word of my user): i can edit my publish article, i cannot edit article already not approved. then, i've think something is missing, but if work for you... really, i cannot understood.

i've check all just now, but i cannot found never for this! i need to try with demo account and verify directly by myself.

thanks Morrigan.

Regards ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I've try today, but, indeed, from member account i can make an article, and i can edit only if this is approved.

no way to edit if is in pending status :|

-

i've check all possible permission, but nothing found to solve this.

thanks in advance for any help on this problem,

S.N.

i think this is a intention to avoid editing when content is on mod queue.

otherwise malicious members could empty a useful content.

But if you have actived "Require approval before content shows?" any time the content is edited could be useful to re-run approval status, permise at least now to edit also if status is not approved.

if is as expected we need a draft feature. otherwise a member can't write a "part of an article", and anytime start to write can only: publish or delete.

If write a very long article and think "I finish tomorrow", atm is not possible.

Archived