question about comment in article and forum post

recifbox

ok finally we have migrated from 3 to 4 and we get a lot of glitch BUT we are mostly here :P

my question is about comment into article, in past i have added the forum post comment option, but i have seen that it count as 2 weblink and google don't like that.

so like we have do a lot of works to do "clean cut" i have see this warning:

exemple.png

if i disable post topic and use forum for comment, i understand that i will lost all comment previously posted. 

but li think you have the key to explain me how to reintegrate comment to the article comment database ? (sql request to move data, it's not a pb but i need information to do it)

if yes explain me :

because i want to stop 2 posts link for each new news and i want to do not lost comments previously posted.

If you wanted to stop using the forums and somehow move the comments back over you'd have to

1) Inspect each record in the cms_custom_database_X database table (where X is the database ID) and grab the record_topicid value.

2) Grab each post from the topic denoted by the record_topicid value except the first post (which is just a stub or copy of the article content)

3) Insert each of those posts into the cms_database_comments table with the appropriate values (comment_database_id, comment_record_id, etc.)

It would be something like

comment_user -> forums_posts.author_id
comment_database_id -> the database id
comment_record_id -> the record id
comment_date -> forums_posts.post_date
comment_ip_address -> forums_posts.ip_address
comment_post -> forums_posts.post
comment_approved -> (inverse of) forums_posts.queued
comment_author -> forums_posts.author_name
comment_edit_date -> forums_posts.edit_time
comment_edit_reason -> forums_posts.post_edit_reason
comment_edit_member_name -> forums_posts.edit_name
comment_edit_member_id -> ...
comment_edit_show -> forums_posts.append_edit

for comment_edit_member_id you'd have to do a lookup based on forums_posts.edit_name if it were important to you to retain that.

Archived