IPhone Photo Uploading Fail

Allen Bradford

Ive submitted a ticket to Support on the following:

I ran a demo of IPS Board a few months back and noticed that I got this error when trying to upload photos to a Reply/Post from my iPhone 5s: "There was a problem processing the uploaded file.-200". The salesperson assured me this problem would be corrected on a new Upgrade. Ive since purchased IPS Board and had a major Conversion done of my old board and am up to date with all Upgrades.

This problem persists. I cant and Members cant upload photos to the board via iPhone (not sure about Android). Traditional Boards are competing with Facebook now and need to have fluid photo uploading from smart phones. I seem to be able to upload photos from my iPad and my iMac.

Is this a known issue and is their a solution? I hope...!

Best,

Brad Eden

First off I don't believe forums are competing with Facebook at all. Facebook is its own kind of social network. Forums are made for niche things and building a community around that. Facebook has no comparison for this. 

image.jpeg

uploaded from my iPhone. It's not IPS. It's probably a hosting issue or a settings issue. 

14 minutes ago, Adam Metzler said:

I've been having the same issue on cloud hosting and working with their higher level support right now on figuring it out, but it was also doing it on my MacBook Air.

Thanks Adam. Keep me posted here if you would. Ill do the same if I find anything out.

According to Support this can be an issue with memory usage when using the GD library to process images. They switched me over to imagemagick and it appears to be working. I tested uploading a photo from the image library on iPhone to a Topic and it worked. I also took a photo with iPhone to upload directly to a Topic and success. I am inside close to my modem, so will test again later outside while on data plan.

This allows Members to post photos to the Board in real time at Board get-togethers and Board events and in general. This is a feature that really puts Boards/Discussion Forums on a more level playing field with the social media giants. IMO

Archived