No write access to applications, uploads, plugins

Hi

I'm trying to rebuild our environment, following the death of a dearly beloved server, on CentOS 7. We used to use windows, we've actually got a centos7 cloud server running on softlayer at the moment, no problem.

But the new centos install I've created on our replacement physical server refuses to play ball.

We're using nginx 1.9 with php-fpm 5.6 and mariadb 10.1 (that's the same as the cloud environment we're using) php worker processes are running as user nginx.

The Install script for IPS falls at the first hurdle with;

• The directory /usr/share/nginx/html/applications needs to be writable. Please change the directory's CHMOD to 0777
  • The directory /usr/share/nginx/html/datastore needs to be writable. Please change the directory's CHMOD to 0777
  • The directory /usr/share/nginx/html/plugins needs to be writable. Please change the directory's CHMOD to 0777
  • The directory /usr/share/nginx/html/uploads needs to be writable. Please change the directory's CHMOD to 0777
  • The directory /usr/share/nginx/html/uploads/logs needs to be writable. Please change the directory's CHMOD to 0777

but I've used both chmod 777 and also via setfacl in case that was overriding the permisions. For example, this is the getfacl for /applications (file owner was originally root as that's who installed the IPS files, but I changed it to see if it would help)

# owner: nginx
# group: root
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::rwx
default:user::rwx
default:user:nginx:rwx
default:group::rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::rwx

Any ideas gratefully received!

Archived