Help setting header background image

TheGreyWizard

So right now I'm using the plugin "Header Images" by IPS themes

It's a great plugin, but I'm not able to add an S to the image link and it's messing up my sites SSL

So i'm going to just disable it and do normal CSS to add the background image

Couple of questions:

The plugin made me upload the image, so I'm assuming it uploaded it to my sites main image upload directory - where exactly is this folder so I can pull the URL of the image to use in the CSS?

And what is the exact CSS with image URL that I need to use for it to work inside of IP4?

Thank you!

On 08/04/2016 at 3:18 AM, TheGreyWizard said:

So right now I'm using the plugin "Header Images" by IPS themes

It's a great plugin, but I'm not able to add an S to the image link and it's messing up my sites SSL

So i'm going to just disable it and do normal CSS to add the background image

Couple of questions:

The plugin made me upload the image, so I'm assuming it uploaded it to my sites main image upload directory - where exactly is this folder so I can pull the URL of the image to use in the CSS?

And what is the exact CSS with image URL that I need to use for it to work inside of IP4?

Thank you!

You know you could just edit that plugins code. Adding an S would be as easy as finding all references to the url with a http and adding an s

That's what I tried originally but neither IP tech support nor IPS themes could tell me how so I'm just going to disable it and add the image myself via CSS. 

Any help with the image code to add it via css and where all of my uploaded images are kept within the IP4 suite directory?

So I found the image, now I just need to know the CSS to add the image to the header background

IPS support said this is outside of the scope of support, so hoping someone here can give me the right code to add to my custom.css and plug my image URL in so I can disable the plugin and get my SSL to work 100%

This bit of code seems to be populating the image correctly and has fixed my SSL issue, do you guys see anything I should change/remove in it to make it better?

#ipsLayout_header header {
  background: url({media="weedjarcrop.png" app="cms" location="front"}) no-repeat center top scroll #000; background-size: cover;
}

Is the "app" & "location" info correct?  I'm not sure what those attributes are for, they were just in the code I copied from another member, should I keep them, change them etc?

Archived