Commerce 4

ZakRhyno

I can get an invoice made in my Commerce that sometimes a user doesn't put in their payment information and pretty much makes me think there a pending order. From what I was told it can't be changed to disallow an invoice to be made if there is no payment information in the field. So it would great to allow the system to check if there is a payment in the field before even an invoice is made and my time is wasted time and resources. Of course this should be option to allow and disallow this so that Owners can leave this to the owner to choose what they want. Please look at ticket  941940 for more information.

On 2/15/2016 at 1:27 PM, MADMAN32395 said:

If there's no invoice there is no bill to be paid? There has to be an invoice to pay. I don't understand.

Even if they don't put in all the information but leave the payment area empty it still make an invoice. I say if payment field is empty it shouldn't make an invoice, but it does. So have an option do allow/disallow it base on the owners how it wants it to function.

Hey @ZakRhyno - how are you dude?

I think I understand what you're saying here.

Yes, invoices are created upon every cart creation, so it is pretty tough to determine if an invoice has valid payment credentials. A method of my owns is:

I tend to monitor the "Transaction" tab instead of the "Invoice" tab. Transactions displays invoices that has been successfully paid with valid payment credentials, while the Invoice tab shows each and every cart creation made even if they are just 'playing around' or 'just checking the subtotals with taxes included' etc. It's a very very common thing that users will create "pending" invoices, so please stay away from basing your sales predictions off those invoices.

PS: If you just stuck on viewing the invoices versus the transactions, notice the invoice "statuses" next to each invoice, such as "pending", "paid", "expired" & "canceled".

Hope this clarified things for you. If you need hands on help, simply visit my website below and we'll jump on it for you.

Good luck,

1 hour ago, Kevin 7 said:

Hey @ZakRhyno - how are you dude?

I think I understand what you're saying here.

Yes, invoices are created upon every cart creation, so it is pretty tough to determine if an invoice has valid payment credentials. A method of my owns is:

I tend to monitor the "Transaction" tab instead of the "Invoice" tab. Transactions displays invoices that has been successfully paid with valid payment credentials, while the Invoice tab shows each and every cart creation made even if they are just 'playing around' or 'just checking the subtotals with taxes included' etc. It's a very very common thing that users will create "pending" invoices, so please stay away from basing your sales predictions off those invoices.

PS: If you just stuck on viewing the invoices versus the transactions, notice the invoice "statuses" next to each invoice, such as "pending", "paid", "expired" & "canceled".

Hope this clarified things for you. If you need hands on help, simply visit my website below and we'll jump on it for you.

Good luck,

Hi @Kevin 7, I'm doing good,, thanks for the insight, but I want to keep looking at all the data in the Transaction all the time but I do get what your saying. But an option would be good so that one don't have to worry about that.

Zak

Archived