IP Content Author Changing

Mopar1973Man

Is it possible to change the function of th "Change Author". I know basically all article attachments are just stored on server in its monthly folder. It the MySQL data that point the ownership of who owns what attachments. So right now if I create an article, of course my name is on it. Now if the article has attachments those are stored in my storage. So now when I change author of the article / record now the name changes but the attachments are still in my storage. Iknow to you coding gurus this can be fixed in a few minutes.

I will admit I love the IP.Content it works very well. Staff and members all like it. Just need to improve a few things...

It's a pain in the rear to have to go into the Admin CP and then log in as that user just to upload pictures or attachments.

I would like this too. Or something similar but related so would be tied to it. I sometimes need to add pictures to an article but I am not the author. I don't want to have to log in as that user. Should be able to do from acp and they are listed as the author's pics. So maybe some sort of selector when performing both of these actions.

Just realizing it would be so much nicer from the front end side to be able to control author, attachments and so forth without diving in the back end with limit functions. Like normal post you don't have to go the Admin CP edit forum post, move them or update info you do that all from the front end. IP.Content need some reconsideration on moderation and staff controls and so forth. Why so drastically different?

Archived