Set Cometchat for specific IPB groups only

Janyour

Hello everybody,

We are using cometchat with our IPBoard since few days, looks really great and our members appreciate it.

We are looking to set it for a premium group on our IPBOARD, we contacted the cometchat support and they told us how to but looks little bit hard to do, here's their response :

Hello,

The getUserID() function inside '/cometchat/integration.php' file returns the userid of logged-in users. Please go through the following steps to disable CometChat for certain user groups.

1. In getUserID() function just above the return statement write a query which will fetch user group of the currently logged-in users.
2. If the current user is in the group for whom you want to disable CometChat then return '0' as userid of those users else return the userid of currently logged-in users.
3. This will hide CometChat bar for the user group for whom you want to disable CometChat.

Any idea ? If you need the cometchat files in cand send them.

/* FUNCTIONS */

function getUserID() {
		$userid = 0;
		if (!empty($_SESSION['basedata']) && $_SESSION['basedata'] != 'null') {
			$_REQUEST['basedata'] = $_SESSION['basedata'];
		}
		if (!empty($_REQUEST['basedata'])) {
			if (function_exists('mcrypt_encrypt') && defined('ENCRYPT_USERID') && ENCRYPT_USERID == '1') {
				$key = "";
				if( defined('KEY_A') && defined('KEY_B') && defined('KEY_C') ){
					$key = KEY_A.KEY_B.KEY_C;
				}
				$uid = rtrim(mcrypt_decrypt(MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_256, md5($key), base64_decode(rawurldecode($_REQUEST['basedata'])), MCRYPT_MODE_CBC, md5(md5($key))), "\0");
				if (intval($uid) > 0) {
					$userid = $uid;
				}
			} else {
				$userid = $_REQUEST['basedata'];
			}
		}
		if (isset($_COOKIE['ips4_member_id']) && empty($userid)) {
			$userid = $_COOKIE['ips4_member_id'];
		}
		$userid = intval($userid);
		return $userid;
	}

integration.php

I just do this in the IPB global template so it only loads scripts for certain groups and if they are not banned. So something like:

{{if !member.temp_ban and in_array(member.member_group_id, array('3','4','6','7','8'))}}
....replace with your group numbers above in the array to have access and put scripts here that load the bar....
{{endif}}

@MADMAN32395 thank you, we are looking how to hide cometchat from non-premium members :)

@prupdatedthank you, its a good idea,j i am just tried it and its working  ! the problem is that our forum visitors will not see this feature, only a specifi group will see it !

i was wondering if there is a way to show the chat without using it for non premium membersd !? you think its possible and easy to do ?

4 hours ago, Janyour said:

i was wondering if there is a way to show the chat without using it for non premium membersd !? you think its possible and easy to do ?

Not that I know of offhand. That probably requires editing the cometchat files. Maybe you could just put a banner or something showing non premium members what they're missing out on. Besides, for load purposes, I generally avoid showing the bar to anyone who can't actually use it.

Archived