Problems with Upgrade

BostonBob

Hello,

Each time I've upgrade the past few times -- has resulted in my site being down for HOURS on end.  I'm at the point where I'm terrified of upgrading my site -- with the knowledge it could be down for hours on end.

The error I'm receiving has been mentioned several times on this site -- but with no resolution available.

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() 
/.../.../public_html/applications/core/setup/upg_101016/upgrade.php::51

I've gone through the support back end (my backend now has issues with the CSS) -- and I've gone through it several times and tried to upgrade several times.  I even redownloaded the entire package and uploaded the upgrade.php file which said was the issue.

I submitted a support ticket last night at midnight -- and it's 13 hours later with no response from support.

What can I do to get my site up and running?

Thanks!

I am also in the same boat, everytime i have upgraded with 4.x i have had problems, i know that there was always a risk when using a new version of software but it's getting out of hand now, the updates seem to be hardly tested before release.

The support for ipb has never been great to be honest either, response times have always been slow.

I honestly really regret even trying 4.x and wish i could just revert back to 3.4.

Sorry i can't help you with your problem but i hope it puts you at ease knowing others are in the same situation as you.

11 minutes ago, Fredss said:

I am also in the same boat, everytime i have upgraded with 4.x i have had problems, i know that there was always a risk when using a new version of software but it's getting out of hand now, the updates seem to be hardly tested before release.

The support for ipb has never been great to be honest either, response times have always been slow.

I honestly really regret even trying 4.x and wish i could just revert back to 3.4.

Sorry i can't help you with your problem but i hope it puts you at ease knowing others are in the same situation as you.

Yes, you right.. every updaye - only problem.... problem.. problem... 

Archived