Images don't display correctly

steadyoptions

When you first do an upgrade from 3.4, there are a whole bunch of background tasks that have to run after the upgrade. You should see the progress of these tasks in your Admin Control Panel dashboard.  If all of them have completed, no tasks will display. 

Checking the two links you originally submitted, it appears that may have been the case but now the tasks have finished with that thread.  The pictures in the 4.1 version of your site are presented now as thumbnails.  

The upgrade was done by my webmaster few weeks ago, so I believe the tasks have been completed.

Yes, the images present as thumbnails, and this is exactly the problem. I want them to be presented as full images, like it was in IPB3. btw, for new posts created in IPB4 after the upgrade there is no issue, the images present correctly. The issue is only for old posts from IPB3, but there are around 50k posts there, and it is unacceptable that they are not displayed correctly.

I'm telling you support has a script they built for my case and can run that will fix it. It's the exact same problem our forum had.

If this isn't your live site then contact them before upgrading that as they might have a fix in an upcoming update that prevents it. But if it's your live site and you're worried then trust me... they can fix it with the script.

21 minutes ago, JLS said:

I'm telling you support has a script they built for my case and can run that will fix it. It's the exact same problem our forum had.

If this isn't your live site then contact them before upgrading that as they might have a fix in an upcoming update that prevents it. But if it's your live site and you're worried then trust me... they can fix it with the script.

Yes, it is a live forum with 50k+ posts and hundreds of paying members.

1 hour ago, steadyoptions said:

Yes, it is a live forum with 50k+ posts and hundreds of paying members.

Well mine is a live paid only photography forum with over 1k paying members and 70k posts and I had shut down the forum for over a week due to this, utf-8 conversion issues, etc so I know what you're going through. The good news is they already created a tool for this for my site as I said. I had to wait for tier 3 to build it for us and just ran it a few days ago. It works great so I doubt you have anything at all to worry about. 

Before they run it be sure to adjust your new regular jpeg and png quality settings to something good prior or else the images will come out at a crummy low quality and you'll have to run it again. 

Be sure to tell them the max image size you'd like because it won't go based off your forums admin settings. That will work for your new posts but not old...

In terms of dimensions 

2 minutes ago, steadyoptions said:

Thank you.

Well, for me images are not as important as they are for you due to the nature of your site, but still it would be very annoying if members had to click on each image to open it.

Exactly. That's not how it's supposed to be functioning. Just a kink in the upgrade process...

Archived