Will 4.1.2 run on PHP 5.3?

XTreme54

Can anybody tell me if IPB 4.1.2 will run on PHP 5.3 as I remember seeing a message on the 4.1 install that future versions are possibly going to need PHP 5.4?

I put in a support ticket 2 days ago to find out and I still haven't received a reply, so I'm hoping I can get a confirmation here.

7 minutes ago, TheDanzorLabs said:

Thanks Paul.....so it's OK to apply the update?

I am running 4.1.2 on 5.3. Here are my observations:

1) My initial new install of 4.1.1 failed several times, but eventually worked.

2) The same day that I installed 4.1.1, and before I had a chance to test anything, 4.1.2 was released, so I attempted to do an automatic upgrade from the admin cp, which also failed several times. I eventually had to upload the files manually and the run the upgrade script, which worked.

3) I have run into several problems on my new board, which may or may not be related to running 5.3... I have put in a support ticket and am waiting to hear back.

2 hours ago, openfire said:

2) The same day that I installed 4.1.1, and before I had a chance to test anything, 4.1.2 was released, so I attempted to do an automatic upgrade from the admin cp, which also failed several times. I eventually had to upload the files manually and the run the upgrade script, which worked.

This was a common issue, many people had too manually upgrade, myself being one of them. the 4.1.2 update should fix this for the next update.

Archived