Converting from IPB3 to IPB4

Oyabun2012

Hey guys!

I got my own community since 10 years now. I did a lot of designing, creating new stuff, coding stuff, uploading stuff, installing plugins and so on.
My idea now was to install a totally fresh installation of IPB4 and try to convert only threads, users, avatars used, posts and so on, just in order
to have a totally clean version of a new board. 

As I tried installing a testforum myself for IPB4 it told me that my license is already in use... which... lets say... makes total sense.

So.. do you guys have any idea how to fix my stuff? Could I just upgrade to IPB4, delete all folders and just reupload the IPB4 folders that I unzipped?

I don't want to mess up things... but I also can't test things out due to the licence problem....

Thank you in advance, please excuse my english,

Alex

Hello,

you can uninstall all apps/hooks prior the upgrade, they will all however be disabled during the upgrade anyways.
You can delete everything from your IPS root folder except the folders: public, uploads, screenshots, downloads and the files: conf_global.php

You can test the upgrade by using the licensekey with -TESTINSTALL appended to it. So it would be like: YOUR-LICENSE-KEY-TESTINSTALL which is recommended, also make sure that you backup everything prior the upgrade and read this.

Archived