FTP Issues

I don't know if anyone has this consistent issue, but I have been unable to access my FTP through FileZilla or any other another FTP I downloaded. The connection keeps 'timing out', and I'm not entirely sure why. I keep adding the information into my FTP (host, username and password) and it routinely fails. Not sure if its something on my end (though I seem to be able to use the very annoying Browser-Based FTP where you can upload a single file at a time... man that was annoying...). I want to be able to update my board, but taking two hours to manually trapse through files and folders because the FTP won't connect is impractical, especially considering the frequency of the updates with IPB 4

This issue has been prevalent since I was on IPB 3 as well, so I'm not entirely sure what to do.

I want to make sure that I'm not missing something stupid before I put in a ticket and have the lovely staff here roll their eyes at my stupidity. :P

Changelog for what happens on FileZilla

Status:    Resolving address of axiomroleplaying.invisionzone.com
Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command:    PWD
Response:    257 "/" is your current location
Command:    TYPE I
Response:    200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command:    PASV
Response:    227 Entering Passive Mode (50,28,75,86,239,27)
Command:    MLSD
Error:    The data connection could not be established: ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out

Please file a ticket and we will provide you with the solution for any hosting related items, this above is a LTS issue with filezilla and your firewall/computer though. 

Use normal FTP via the site manager and not tls and it should work, if not please submit a ticket. 

Archived