Articles?

Afternoon gents,

So after browsing the capabilities of my website I came before a module known is "pages" and I was quite baffled at the features it offered. Looking at it by default it appeared as if it shows all the recent threads that were created on my website. However after looking through it extensively I also discovered articles and wasn't clear on the motives within this module. Am I able to create articles on my website and link them to pages? My overall goal is that I'd like to display updates and news on an entirely separate page instead of using the forums for that. You could say that it's a dedicated blog. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

Yes. Create a database. Then create a page. Go to the page and on the left drag blocks over you want. Create what fields and categories you want.

You can also use Blog for... blogs. ;)

​Haha,

I figured it'd be something so simple. I'll try it out now and tell you how it went. Are there any specifics in creating either that I should be aware of?

Afternoon gents,

So after browsing the capabilities of my website I came before a module known is "pages" and I was quite baffled at the features it offered. Looking at it by default it appeared as if it shows all the recent threads that were created on my website. However after looking through it extensively I also discovered articles and wasn't clear on the motives within this module. Am I able to create articles on my website and link them to pages? My overall goal is that I'd like to display updates and news on an entirely separate page instead of using the forums for that. You could say that it's a dedicated blog. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

​IP.Pages is a combination of, in no particular order:

• article management system
  • template system
  • block builder
  • database builder
  • menu builder
  • pages builder

It's probably the most powerful and extensible applications in the IPS 4 suite by far, and allows you to create a full-featured website around your community.  So it's a nice accident for you to discover.  

There's a steep learning curve though if you'd like to do anything beyond making the most basic pages or databases.

Archived