How do Advertisers View Stats?

Adrock5150

• 2 months later...

Nexus or an add-on like Advanced Adverts (DawPi).

However, there appears to be a significant difference between how any Invision software or add-ons view clicks and impressions, vs advertising agencies.

The last one I came across uses their own definition of impressions, which is linked to a topic, not to page views. IOW, multiple pages in a topic only counts as one. Obviously, for a forum that is totally killing.

Kind regards, Wim

For some time I have used OpenX and planning to use it again if it is still free and doing what it supposed to do.

Within OpenX, you could define a user for each advertiser so that he/she could see all the stats in detail for his/her ads.

Edit: Seems they have renamed to Revive Ad Server and they use IPB as forum :)

Thank you, busy updating the server first right now, it was time to make sure we have all the latest stuff in place anyway. Already uploaded Revive to our test site, and once the update is done, I'll install it and play with it :).

I just received a reply from another ad agency. Apparently, the way impression are calculated, is unique views per advert per day. In a forum environment, this is a little ridiculous. It is the same as showing an ad on tv more than once in a program block, and charging only once for it, or an ad in a newspaper on all pages of the newspaper, and again only getting charged for one advert on one page ....

Kind regards, Wim

Archived