Installer doesn't accept UTF-8 conversion?

Annon

Attempting a local test install of RC4. The installer detected that a UTF-8 conversion was needed and went through that whole process (and I added the sql_charset to conf_global), but the installer still insists that I need to convert to UTF-8.

Screen_Shot_2015-03-04_at_11.39.35_AM.th

I can click through, but the converter confirms that it is already UTF-8.

Screen_Shot_2015-03-04_at_11.39.44_AM.th

I've clicked through to the tools tab and run check and fix, but no change.

Screen_Shot_2015-03-04_at_11.44.34_AM.th

I've had this problem too, just keeps sending in a loop. Going from 3.4.x to 4.0 has been a massive, massive headache. A fresh install works absolutely fine, the second I try to bring my community back into it, it hits the fan.

From what I remember from the earlier conversions at the end of the test it asks you if you wish to keep these settings? Did you?

As far as the built in converter in IPS 4 I am not sure seeing mine are already converted. But I would assume this would still apply.

Since I replied, I decided to do the upgrade on my original database (as I knew it worked OK), then cleared it out from junk. I then duplicated it, and using the information that Woodsman posted about what files are needed (uploads, public, config.php) I made a subfolder and amended the config to point to the new database. I'm not sure what difference doing the conversion prior to trying to upgrade makes, but it meant I wasn't stuck in that loop anymore and the whole system works.

Except all the friendly URLs are broken so I can't get beyond the index page but the Admin CP works at least. Trying to fix that now...

Archived