Original Terms of Service for Lifetime and Perpetual Licenses?

Fast Lane!

Can the IPB staff comment on the original terms of service with the lifetime and perpetual licenses and the recent news that they are now going to eventually cancel our license and require we purchase an annual contract? Just curious on that decision profile. I'm sure it just a dollars and cents decision, and hey that's business I suppose, but I'd like to hear it from the source.

Thanks!

Similar post 2 years ago, where Charles said we would always keep the IP Board license as promised years ago.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/357505-lifetime-license-feel-disappointed/?hl=%2Blifetime+%2Blicense#entry2233636

The lifetime license gives you lifetime access to upgrades to IP.Board and technical support. That is what is has always been and we continue to honor that.

I certainly understand all the extra features costing more -- that said, all I want is the forums, not all the add ons IPB has been adding.

From Lindy, the 'ultimate' source. Posted yesterday, too... Can't get more current than that.

>

If you have any questions, I recommend submitting a ticket to customer service to talk to IPS directly rather than creating another topic that will just foster confusion.

Archived