Facebook connect - how to connect with them?

Clancy

I'm not sure this is the right forum to post this in so feel free to move it if it's not.

A few months back I enabled Facebook and Twitter connect. Since then I have been getting more and more member signups this way. My problem is that with my normal member signups I have field (recieve admin emails) selected and I inform new members that this will be the way I will contact them about new lessons etc. Most new members leave this selected and I am able to contact them this way.

However Facebook connect doesn't have this and since there is no way that I can see that I can contact them using the facebook connect app, they are more than likely never to return to my site again.

I know that there is an option on some sites that I have joined using facebook connect (not IPB sites) where there is an option to enable the admins on the site to contact me using my email but the IPB facebook connect doesn't have this.

I am at the stage where I think I might disable facebook connect as I think it's possible I am losing sales because of my inabilty to contact my facebook connect members.

Does anyone have any advice on what can be done about this as I see it as a big problem with getting members to return to my site after they have initailly joined up.

Thanks

Clancy

is it no one answers from IPB support ?

I am seeing lot of threads not answered

We do not respond to all feedback topics submitted. If we did, we wouldn't do anything else (including developing the software). :) Rest assured they are all read, however.

Archived