No spam service for lifetime license holders!

cookyuk

I was quite shocked when i was told that even though i had a lifetime license since 2003 i was not able to use the free spam protection service that is included with ipb and had to upgrade my license lol whats to upgrade its more like a downgrade if anything so go from free upgrades etc for life or pay a yearly fee hmm bit of a no brainer that one.Why is it that ipb has become so unsafe im getting 30 to 40 spam registrations every day despite using every available option to prevent this, after the latest bomshell from ipb support im seriously considering dumping ipb for a different forum software xenforo looks promising and if the free spam service is actually going to cost money for lifetime license holders then why not whats keeping us here ?
Does anyone know of a third party option that will prevent these spam registrations as ipb clearly cant cope with this small task and my moderators are having to work overtime deleting them any help from the community will be greatfully recived and im sure will be a lot more use than the ££££££££ attitude of ipb support.

Try KeyCaptcha (it's in the Marketplace). Since installing that on my site about a year ago, I've had fewer than 5 spam signups, all of which I believe were done manually by humans.

The only things IPS's spam service was catching after installing KeyCaptcha were false positives (so I disabled it/set it to report-only).

Archived