Admin CP

• Jay •

Admin Logs are not reliable. Very few actions are actually logged in the Admin CP. Considering IP.Board is marketed to corporate sites, this is surprising. Logs are an essential component of accountability.

I'd like to see more detailed logs, as well as a better system for searching them. Any changed setting should be logged, as well as the nature of the change.

You are indeed correct. It does not log changes to system settings, atleatest not to ones my admins we're editing. It is a nightmare to figure out what has been changed and I have simply no full control over all staff actions.

Very true, but it's more than that. Even actions that are logged aren't informative.

For example, if I change Joe Shmoe's profile information, the admin log will reflect that I edited member Joe Shmoe, but it won't say what part of his account I edited.

This has actually always been a gripe I've had over IP.Board, it has very little capability of Auditing ACP Actions properly.

Our front end, not being a forum tracks and logs changes. If an Admin creates a new account, it records the account name the permission ID number etc. If you change a setting, it also does that and you can easily view it via an Audit tab

Archived