MultiChat

I have a number of sites, one is for my products (which is having a holiday somewhere) the others are my Simulation, Jokes & personal sites. What I would like is that these three sites all use one instance of the chat client. By that I mean on the sim site you click 'Chat' you go to my chat area, if you click chat on either of the other two you get the same chat.

With this in place it might be worth my while to increase the number of people I can have in chat as they would all be chatting together rather than 3 separate ones.

Yes I do realise that I could make the chat link on the others bounce over to the 'main' one I could probably even have the number of people in char visible across the three but it would just seem nicer to be able to click thru from any of them and also have the number valid as well.

Thanks,
Larry

This would be a big challenge. Guest support introduced in the latest release would help, but the member data would obviously not match from one site to the next, so online user list, the chat message authors, the "Who's chatting" blocks, etc. would all not work. While chat is a hosted service, there is a lot still done locally on the board side.

• 1 month later...

The boards I would like to 'join' are all converged (sorry for not answering missed your reply).

If something where one of the sites acts as the 'host' and the others link to it, that would work but then the online count for the non-host on the menu would need to be updated. Does that sound doable?

Thanks,
Larry

Archived