Suggestion: More content to be released with schedule

Ikadon

Hello there,

currently I'm planning a site where I add articles at specific dates. As they are not only "news" but rather some other kind of information, I will most probably write/create them beforehand to publish them at a specific date. Now, sadly IPS Products are not capable of doing so (apart from the feature in IP.Content that is not working correctly until the next version).

It would be great if I could not only add articles to IP. Content at specific dates, but also add corresponding threads (for discussion, or votes), downloads, products, images and even new sites (with IP. Content).

That would be really great, especially if/as I don't find the time to go online at those specific dates everytime.

This would be a huuuuge advantage for me.

Although I'm not quite sure if it's easy to do, I find it's one of the most important ideas and suggestions (to me).

(Yes I know you can do that with IP. Content and IP. Blogs but it would be great to expand this functionality to the forums (threads, votes...), the gallery and even nexus)

Regards,
Ikadon

Are you sure that specifying a certain time for an article to be published at isn't working? I don't do it much myself, but I'm pretty sure that feature's working fine for me. :o And I think if you set IPC to create topics when you post a new article, it should post that at the same time the article is published. But I'm not positive on that, I don't really use that feature myself.

Hmm, it's possible that it's already fixed. The version with I'm working here (offline) still has this annoying bug, so no, here it's not working.
But it doesn't matter, it was addressed and is already or will be fixed in another version.

Still there is no possibility to release other content at specific dates, e.g. threads, pictures, downloads, products (nexus) or even new sub-sites (ip content) and that's what I'd like to suggest :)

Archived