Polls

Tanax

Polls could use some improval.
I love the fact that you can create several questions within the same topic.

However I would like to see some more integration with the topic. For instance, how about letting the users only see the posts after the first post after they have voted? Forcing them to vote? Obviously an option for the user that is creating the poll.

Further more, I dislike the use of "forcing functions" when you try to add a new question and you have no more available questions to add. It uses a popup that disables everything else. It would be a lot better if you were to simply grey the button out or let a tooltip appear beneath the button.

• 2 months later...

When I go to vote on a poll, I do tend to read comments before voting sometimes, and really helps when I''m voting especially on something I don't have enough knowledge about. Can you give me an example on how you would use this?

Well it can be a simple poll like "What moderator do you like the most of the following:". Not letting the members get influenced by comments is something I can see great use of. Of course it's not always good but that applies to everything really, not only polls.

Archived