Download: (ZF) - Mister Wong Share Link Plugin

zocker-foren

File Name: (ZF) - Mister Wong Share Link Plugin
File Submitter: zocker-foren
File Submitted: 16 May 2010
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

My first little Plugin.
This is for the social Bookmarking at http://www.mister-wong.de

Extract the zipfile an upload the folders under upload.

After Uploading create a new Sharelink in your ACP under
System -> Tools & Settings -> Share Links
Enabled : yes
LinkServiceName : MrWong
Key : mrwong
Use Canonical URL : no

Save and have fun sharing Bookmarks on Mr. Wong

Click here to download this file

Why is it people assume where one is to upload something... How many seconds does it take to state where? I am sure you invested time and effort making a great mod, as it sounds to be from the description. But unfortunately unless I want to upload it to each and every folder on my site in hopes it does something somewhere, I will not be using it. :(

(and I sure am not going to just upload it into the main root admin/public folders where it might overwrite something, as most hooks do not get placed in these. Course it might go in the sources admin or the ... why even keep trying to guess!)

Thanks though for sharing and adding more mods! I am sure those whom are able to figure it out appreciate it, and I am glad as that helps overall encouragement of even more new mods to help improves IPB3.

Why is it people assume where one is to upload something... How many seconds does it take to state where? I am sure you invested time and effort making a great mod, as it sounds to be from the description. But unfortunately unless I want to upload it to each and every folder on my site in hopes it does something somewhere, I will not be using it. :(

(and I sure am not going to just upload it into the main root admin/public folders where it might overwrite something, as most hooks do not get placed in these. Course it might go in the sources admin or the ... why even keep trying to guess!)

Thanks though for sharing and adding more mods! I am sure those whom are able to figure it out appreciate it, and I am glad as that helps overall encouragement of even more new mods to help improves IPB3.

You simply upload the files as supplied - there is no location - just upload, the files are already in their correct folders.

It is the same for every hook or mod - you upload the admin folder overwriting the admin folder on your site and public overwrites the public folder. If you are concerned about it overwriting files, backup first.

This is for sharing on a German site, so unless your members speak German it is unlikely to be of use.

well, there are 2 files to upload. These files are in there right folders, so you have to upload these folders under /upload to your Board Root folder. There will no files be overwritten.
And as Ian wrotes : make Backups before installing any hook,plugin or what else to your board.
Thats the First thing as an Admin : Backup Backup and last but not least : BACKUP

So i cant understand your problem with a plugin for Sharelinks. A new Plugin can never overwrite something.

Archived