Display RSS link next to forum

.Ian

Currently the RSS feeds are shown in a dropdown.

This is fine if you only have a few.

But if you wish to enable RSS feeds for all forums and have more than 10 or so, then the list becomes hard to read.

Far better would be to have RSS feed icon displayed to the left of the stats column on the index/category page or at the very least have the option.

Currently I would be surprised if many take advantage of the RSS feeds as they either a) think it is a forum wide thing or b) cannot find their favourite forum in the list or c) the admin has not enabled on the forums due to the potential length of the list.

From what I understand, having too many RSS feeds can actually chew up a ton of resources so it wouldn't be a good idea to do 10 or more anyway.

However, having an RSS icon next to forums (or blogs, etc) that have a feed would rock, it'd be more noticeable.

From what I understand, having too many RSS feeds can actually chew up a ton of resources so it wouldn't be a good idea to do 10 or more anyway.

However, having an RSS icon next to forums (or blogs, etc) that have a feed would rock, it'd be more noticeable.

I agree it would Rock. :)

• 3 months later...

revisiting this suggestion - if anyone has done this alteration can you let me know, as my RSS list looks messy and to be honest I do not think people spot the forum they are interested in in one long list.

Thanks.

Archived