A question

Shaz

While I have a feeling this is a fruitless endeavor, I cannot help but post this in hopes that someone will have an answer to this that will not involve "start over, that's all you can do."

I was on an invision powered message board, and one of the members requested she be removed, due to feeling the board wasn't somewhere she wanted to be anymore, and following that, began to cause havoc. The first disturbance she caused was ignorable, something we could handle internally, but the damage she caused today is...unable to be handled on our hands.

Around 9 pm Central Time on Friday, January 22nd, the board in question was either Pished/Hacked. The main administrative account was used by someone other than the main administrator, who was on a secondary account, to ban the moderators and administrators, sans the main admin account, and then the board was put offline. This issue, I'm sure, could have been handled by support, but as I and the administrators, and several other members tried frantically to find a solution, and discussed the problem, it only got worse. Refreshing a tab with the page in question in it, I found myself staring at a 404 error. She had deleted the entire board. The hard work of the members and administrators was gone. I don't know if anyone knows what needs to be done, or if there is a way to restore the site, but if there is, I would love to be informed.

Thank you.

While I have a feeling this is a fruitless endeavor, I cannot help but post this in hopes that someone will have an answer to this that will not involve "start over, that's all you can do."

I was on an invision powered message board, and one of the members requested she be removed, due to feeling the board wasn't somewhere she wanted to be anymore, and following that, began to cause havoc. The first disturbance she caused was ignorable, something we could handle internally, but the damage she caused today is...unable to be handled on our hands.

Around 9 pm Central Time on Friday, January 22nd, the board in question was either Pished/Hacked. The main administrative account was used by someone other than the main administrator, who was on a secondary account, to ban the moderators and administrators, sans the main admin account, and then the board was put offline. This issue, I'm sure, could have been handled by support, but as I and the administrators, and several other members tried frantically to find a solution, and discussed the problem, it only got worse. Refreshing a tab with the page in question in it, I found myself staring at a 404 error. She had deleted the entire board. The hard work of the members and administrators was gone. I don't know if anyone knows what needs to be done, or if there is a way to restore the site, but if there is, I would love to be informed.

Thank you.

IP.Board Feedback

Do you need technical support?

You can obtain support via the client area, or you can try to obtain peer-to-peer support at IPS Resources.

Did you find a bug in IP.Board?

If you believe you've found a bug please post it to the bug tracker.

Have a suggestion or feedback?

Post it here. Thanks!

You will need to either submit a ticket for further assistance or ask for help in the Peer to Peer support forums.

Shaz,

I would recommend submitting a support ticket. While there is of course a limit to what can be done in situations like this, a technician will be happy to discuss the situation with you and advise you on your options.

This forum is for feedback on the actual product.

Archived