Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So,

A bit of a bug (which has probably been reported, if installed and there is not a game with a recent high score clicking the "Play" link under global high scores creates the following error

Can you give steps for repo, please?

hmmm what is the status of RC2 ? is it being tested or still on hold ?

In progress. As soon as new bug reports stop flowing in, it will be packaged up. I want to fix as many bugs as possible. :thumbsup:

Just installed this for someone and i'm a bit confused. There was no games with it, well 1, and when i tried to import it shown an error, then when i tried again it said it was already installed (although its not)

is there some sort of CHMOD that needs to be done? and where do we download games from?

Looking pretty good so far guys.

Yeah, I think you have to chmod the following:

CHMOD 777

admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all/img

admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars

EDIT: oh and ..

tars/

thank you for that I did already do that and the tars upload works but installing the game doesn't. My server is windows. It have something to do with NTFS permissions and I don't know why installing the games doesn't work. (rename (to move the file) error)

thank you for that I did already do that and the tars upload works but installing the game doesn't. My server is windows. It have something to do with NTFS permissions and I don't know why installing the games doesn't work. (rename (to move the file) error)

You will need to contact Collin1000, he has more experience for Windows setups for iArcade.

You will need to contact Collin1000, he has more experience for Windows setups for iArcade.

He seem that he doesn't know he just manually move them from tars directory to where it should go.

My server uses Plesk software for Windows

Edit: I think it is set now it was other user for NTFS permission. The IIS wap one

So is it working now Ryan

I don't know I haven't tested it yet because I don't have a game to add at this moment.

I just know that it have something to do with NTFS permissions because I have done it before with IPBArcade software few years ago. I just forgot excatly how.

He seem that he doesn't know he just manually move them from tars directory to where it should go.

My server uses Plesk software for Windows

Edit: I think it is set now it was other user for NTFS permission. The IIS wap one

Yes, just add Read, Change and Delete permissions for the three folders listed ("this folder, subfolders, and files" option as well) to IUSR_{servername} and IIS_WPG (for Windows 2003) or IIS_IUSR and IIS_WPG (for Windows 2008).

Yes, just add Read, Change and Delete permissions for the three folders listed ("this folder, subfolders, and files" option as well) to IUSR_{servername} and IIS_WPG (for Windows 2003) or IIS_IUSR and IIS_WPG (for Windows 2008).

:lol: my setup is different than yours because I use Plesk. :) I think I have it set up.

Yeah, it is. The reason is because old ?autocom= URLs are still supported by IPB (it treats them like ?app= URLs) and as a result before any part of iArcade (even the bits we fudge in by putting code in places it really isn't meant to go) gets to see the request details before IPB (specifically, ipsController) captures it, sees there is no app by that name, and redirects to the default app (note I said redirect - the old request data is lost). As such, unless we rename iArcade's app key to "arcade", we cannot have editless support for v32's ?autocom=Arcade callbacks.

Hey Collin1000,

Essentially as far as Repro goes

- Load files
- Edit Index
- Do install

No Games are installed, or have a highscore listed and when you click on the Arcade Tab from Index under "Global Last Score" instead of the "Play *gamename*" you just get "Play" clicking that, generates that MySQL error

edit: I also got the error with a game installed where no high scores had been generated yet

Hey Collin1000,

Essentially as far as Repro goes

- Load files

- Edit Index

- Do install

No Games are installed, or have a highscore listed and when you click on the Arcade Tab from Index under "Global Last Score" instead of the "Play *gamename*" you just get "Play" clicking that, generates that MySQL error

edit: I also got the error with a game installed where no high scores had been generated yet

So, this only happens when the arcade has 0 games?

okay I see now ;) but right now IBPArcade requires no edits so far http://forums.hiphopselite.com/index.php?app=arcade (I'm just letting you know)

Because their app name is "arcade" and ours is "iarcade" :thumbsup:

okay I see now [img]

[/img] but right now IBPArcade requires no edits so far [url="http://forums.hiphopselite.com/index.php?app=arcade"]http://forums.hiphop....php?app=arcade[/url] (I'm just letting you know)

As Collin just said, and I said earlier, IPB treats ?autocom= URLs the same as ?app= URLs. So since their app key is "arcade", it gets to handle the ?autocom=arcade URLs which are used to handle v32 scoring. Which is actually really funny, since Mike implemented it as a coreVariables hack when the app has complete control over the request flow for those - he could have done it in the default public module. However, I think we can agree that both the iArcade team and Mike have done an awesome job on both products, so I don't think we need to get hung up on what one can do that the other can't. Competition is good, mmkay?

in my admin it says "[color="#FF0000"]You have not registered your copy of iArcade! Registration is fast and free, so please register your copy![/color]" how to register this ?

http://iarcademod.com/lcm/

Then just enter the registration key in your ACP.

Thank you for registering! :thumbsup:

Hey, tried to search this thread for the answer, so apologies if I have missed it.

I have three questions;

1. How can you change the name of the game that appears in "your latest score" and "newest games" so it will display the name of the game and not the name of the swf file

2. Where can I edit the reference to the graphic displayed in Random Leader? I will be using a dark skin and the image isn't suitable for dark skin forums

3. As per question 2, again I want to change the image displayed in "your ranking"

Thanks KP

Archived