Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

It's be nice to have the scores dated too :)

If the scores aren't dated, then I too would agree with this suggestion for the stable release. :thumbsup:

A date (server timestamp) is saved with every score. The issue we ran into was how to translate the unix timestamp into the user's IPB timezone.
(If anyone knows more about this, drop me a PM!)
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A date (server timestamp) is saved with every score. The issue we ran into was how to translate the unix timestamp into the user's IPB timezone.

(If anyone knows more about this, drop me a PM!)

Skin template bits allow you to use {parse date="$date" format="short"} which will actually parse a Unix timestamp using the IPB functions.

For those of you who are taking issue with the fact that "login names" are recorded for scores instead of "display names":

I have posted a patch to our bug tracker.
http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?&app=tracker&showissue=70&view=findpost&p=374

Please report success/issues to that bug. Thank you!

I was actually reading some of the comments from their members, and one of them calling iArcade slopping/faecesty etc.. For something put together in under what was it 6 months? by two people I wouldn't call it anywhere near there.

Even if theirs work's better than iArcade once it's released, after seeing their Dev's and Managers over all attitude and dodging questions for over a year.. No way I will be using their products again. Plus Sykoect ( I think?) Came on IPS's forums and did some Rant on Obama after reading something only showing he's not exactly all there.. imo

Plus there's this

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]v32 game support. no v2 game support, that will be for beta 2. Want to make sure v32 games are working correctly.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]

So 1.5 years for Beta 1, lets give them another 6 months for Beta 2 shall we ;)

I was actually reading some of the comments from their members, and one of them calling iArcade slopping/faecesty etc.. For something put together in under what was it 6 months? by two people I wouldn't call it anywhere near there.

Even if theirs work's better than iArcade once it's released, after seeing their Dev's and Managers over all attitude and dodging questions for over a year.. No way I will be using their products again. Plus Sykoect ( I think?) Came on IPS's forums and did some Rant on Obama after reading something only showing he's not exactly all there.. imo

Plus there's this

[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]

So 1.5 years for Beta 1, lets give them another 6 months for Beta 2 shall we ;)[/font]

Actually, all of the high score stuff in iArcade was done in under 2 months by mainly me alone.
If they want to attack us, fine by me. I'm not in the market for attacking them, I think it just shows they feel threatened.
Instead I think we should let their actions speak for themselves. :)
(Locking threads, not giving answers, being rude....etc)

If you go to their website, you will be surprised at the amount of the members from here have asked to test it, also am I being ignored here as I was asked to send a PM to Collin which I did 3 days ago, and still have heard nothing.

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/300230-download-iarcade-system-rc1-fixed/page__view__findpost__p__1927067

I do not see the harm in testing / using any of the arcades that are available. Yes I am a member at ibparcade and I think they do a tremendous job on their applications. The arcade mod they were changing over was a HUGE application and they wanted to keep the infrastructure that they had created when moving to IPB 3. I agree it has been a LONG time coming, but it is coming. To sit and bash any of the groups / creators of MODs is childish in my opinion. I have contributed to ibparcade just as I have contributed to this arcade. I will put up all of the arcade mods that I can and let my members choose which one they like the best. I do not play a lot of games and my site is about being friends and if they like one arcade more than another, that is the one I will go with. But please do not start a war because someone else is finally coming out with their product, just not worth it, people will end up going with the best product available. Yes everyone is saying that this is the best mod they have seen for an arcade and MAY end up switching to another application down the road, who knows. But just as Andy and Collin have put in time developing this MOD, many others are putting in their time as well to provide the best product they can. This is not an excuse for anyone on how much time it has taken to present a mod, and should not be taken that way, as they say "it is what it is"

I seen Red when I read his comment so here is a copy of my reply to him.

[/img][/url]All right, this is going to be KICK ASS.

Looks much more better than the... and you'll excuse me, the faecesty and messy iArcade. I will donate 50$ to you guys when IPB is in it's final state.

GOOD JOB!

Hum...

I meant.

When IPBArcade is ready to be delivered.

I didn't see you getting off your arse and making one, iArcade was developed by 2 young lads over a period of 5 weeks not 6 months to help people who were not able to play games on IPB 3 and its free with no spyware.

This lite version which I am not down grading unlike you did has been 18 months in the making, and is still only at Beta 1, I guess in another 18 months you might get Beta 2 and it was spirited along because iArcade and MPFF Arcade were released.

I like the look of this, however I will never use it, why because it will be encoded and I do not trust any one who encodes IPB software, I will not allow any code on my machine till I can see what is in it. And it wont be long before someone busts the code, and puts it up for sale on warez sites.

iArcade however may well be built into the IPB forum in the future so it will have a lot more developers working on it. And at least you are not paying

I do not see the harm in testing / using any of the arcades that are available. Yes I am a member at ibparcade and I think they do a tremendous job on their applications. The arcade mod they were changing over was a HUGE application and they wanted to keep the infrastructure that they had created when moving to IPB 3. I agree it has been a LONG time coming, but it is coming. To sit and bash any of the groups / creators of MODs is childish in my opinion. I have contributed to ibparcade just as I have contributed to this arcade. I will put up all of the arcade mods that I can and let my members choose which one they like the best. I do not play a lot of games and my site is about being friends and if they like one arcade more than another, that is the one I will go with. But please do not start a war because someone else is finally coming out with their product, just not worth it, people will end up going with the best product available. Yes everyone is saying that this is the best mod they have seen for an arcade and MAY end up switching to another application down the road, who knows. But just as Andy and Collin have put in time developing this MOD, many others are putting in their time as well to provide the best product they can. This is not an excuse for anyone on how much time it has taken to present a mod, and should not be taken that way, as they say "it is what it is"

No problem with that mate and I dont see anyone on this forum bashing anyone, however if you read my post you will see it is going on over there by little immature kids, and to be honest knowing Skyoect I am surprised he allowed that post to stay.

Therefore I ask everyone on here to refrain from running down anyone else's software, and be better and rise above it. :P

I didn't see you getting off your arse and making one, iArcade was developed by 2 young lads over a period of 5 weeks not 6 months to help people who were not able to play games on IPB 3 and its free with no spyware.

This lite version which I am not down grading unlike you did has been 18 months in the making, and is still only at Beta 1, I guess in another 18 months you might get Beta 2 and it was spirited along because iArcade and MPFF Arcade were released.

I like the look of this, however I will never use it, why because it will be encoded and I do not trust any one who encodes IPB software, I will not allow any code on my machine till I can see what is in it. And it wont be long before someone busts the code, and puts it up for sale on warez sites.

iArcade however may well be built into the IPB forum in the future so it will have a lot more developers working on it. And at least you are not paying

that is excatly what I think. Otherwise I would just run both arcade system.

Hey Collin, I discovered the problem with score leaderboards not showing properly. It's when the high score has just been submitted. The score order is back to front. Then if you go back to the score board afterwords it displays fine.

Hey Collin, I discovered the problem with score leaderboards not showing properly. It's when the high score has just been submitted. The score order is back to front. Then if you go back to the score board afterwords it displays fine.

Not sure I understand, would you mind providing me a link to a game and directions to repo?

iArcade however may well be built into the IPB forum in the future so it will have a lot more developers working on it. And at least you are not paying £50.00 for it like on another site.

Even Cyber at IPBCoding again is trailing his arse and just cant be bothered, so please don't go slagging off, people who at least tried to do something.

Sykoect greetings and salutations as always buddy

To save any confusion this is a post I put on another website, in reply to a post that was left about iArcade.

Ha ha ha, I must have hit a nerve, as guess what my post was deleted, however he allowed the other to stay. :D :D :D

Thought I would take some time to remind everyone that I have been posting manual fixs for most of the bugs I am squashing in RC2.
http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/project-5-iArcade%20System/

In particular, a solution to the login names issue:
http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-70-high-score-details-using-login-rather-than-display-name/

So,
A bit of a bug (which has probably been reported, if installed and there is not a game with a recent high score clicking the "Play" link under global high scores creates the following error

mySQL query error: UPDATE ibf_iarcade_games SET playcount=1 WHERE id=

===================================================

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 08:24:11 +0000

Error Number: 1064

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

IP Address: 131.107.0.72

Page: /index.php?app=iArcade&view=playgame&gameid=

Debug: array (

1 =>

array (

'file' => '/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classDb.php',

'line' => 1104,

'function' => 'query',

'class' => 'db_driver_mysql',

),

3 =>

array (

'file' => '/7/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/modules_public/arcade/arcade.php',

'line' => 146,

'function' => 'update',

'class' => 'db_main_mysql',

),

4 =>

array (

'file' => '/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/modules_public/arcade/arcade.php',

'line' => 79,

'function' => 'play_game',

'class' => 'public_iArcade_arcade_arcade',

),

5 =>

array (

'file' => '/public_html/forums/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php',

'line' => 291,

'function' => 'doExecute',

'class' => 'public_iArcade_arcade_arcade',

),

)