Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

[color="#5D5D5D"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]

[/font][/color]

1) I agree. File a bug.

2) Hrm, I see the use in this. File a bug.

3) Not sure I understand?

4) ?

5) This seems to be a bug, file a bug report please.

Logged 1, 2 & 5 :)

Re 3 - What I mean is you have a phrase saying add some favourites, but it could do with a link to the games list where people can add some favourites - not massively important though.

Re 4 - There appears to be a big space beneath Your Latest Score. However the Newest Games box is simply a box showing the last game added. My suggestion was to add thumbnails to the Newest Games to brighten that box up, and as it will take up more room move it to the large space beneath 'Your Latest' Score. I just thought the page looked a bit heavy on the left and rather bland on the middle/right. Just an idea to balance the page and to give a greater impact upon first glance.

Thanks.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now - for some suggestions and a question.

Games List page - can the highest score for ech game be added to the games list page? I think it might be a nice addition just to have the one high score there.

The individual games page - I think it would be nice to list the high scores for that game on the game page. That way, when I play that game, and I can choose whether or not to submit my socre, I know whether there is any point in doing so. If my score isn't a high one, I wouldn't bother.

The Games CP - Is there any way to also show the highest score for each game here? There is a lot of empty space on this page just begging to be used! ;)

Finally - it looks liek the high scores are using the user login name to mark their score. Can I change that so it shows their display name? I just opened my arcade to a large user group and I don't recognize the names coming up. I am assuming this is why.

Another issue. When I get a message saying I have been challenged, I click the link to go to View pending challenges. That page I got to is completely blank. Is this broken, or do I need to do something to fix it?

Don't want to be a pain, but I think these might have gotten lost amidst all the new forum talk. :)

Hey everyone:

I have a few games that write a score of 0 no matter what I do. I have a lot of games that are working just fine as far as reporting scores.

Are there any known issues that would cause only SOME games not to write the scores correctly?

Are they v32 games? Those will save scores as 0.

Don't want to be a pain, but I think these might have gotten lost amidst all the new forum talk. :)

Well the login names one I have answered multiple times, there is a bug on it, and so I ignored it.
The rest of it was skinning, which is not my department, I leave those comments for Andy because he does all the design stuff.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic but when the final release of this comes out will it be as simple as downloading and installing it to make it work or am I going to constantly ask for support to make it work? I want the arcade but not if it's going to be a headache to install and maintain.

I don't mean to sound sarcastic but when the final release of this comes out will it be as simple as downloading and installing it to make it work or am I going to constantly ask for support to make it work? I want the arcade but not if it's going to be a headache to install and maintain.

Sounds like, with the additions by Mat, it will be much easier.

Not to sure why it would show login names, will have to look into it when I get the time, but right now, I don't unfortunately.

It's 'cause you're using the "name" property of the member rather than the "members_display_name" property. I thought that was intentional?

Hope it is not intentional as it should all be the display name surely?

I intentionally do not use the display name. Never will. People who had display names with things like "¿Por qué?" in it was breaking the SQL databases. It ruined a bunch of stuff. What I had intended to use was the "SEO Name" - this is the name IPB uses for emails, internal logs, and your profile URL. In future versions, It will use the SEO Name instead of the login name. SEO Names are stripped of special charecters and thus remove conflicts with the database.
In exchange for this, wherever possible, I will have IPB get their display name from the DB for output.

Sounds like, with the additions by Mat, it will be much easier.

You need to remember you are looking at a support thread - so only people with problems are posting here. I myself have installed this multiple times, and there have been many many successful installs that went without problem. Right now, A fresh install of iArcade takes around 2 minutes. Upload, Install, And Configure. The end. Very straight forward. :thumbsup:

Mat has made 2 additions: He has created a system for v32 scoring that I am not yet happy with, and we are working on right now, and he has made an improved index.php file edit that removes the hassle if you are using a custom database prefix. Thats all.

I intentionally do not use the display name. Never will. People who had display names with things like "¿Por qué?" in it was breaking the SQL databases. It ruined a bunch of stuff. What I had intended to use was the "SEO Name" - this is the name IPB uses for emails, internal logs, and your profile URL. In future versions, It will use the SEO Name instead of the login name. SEO Names are stripped of special charecters and thus remove conflicts with the database.

In exchange for this, wherever possible, I will have IPB get their display name from the DB for output.

Collin, given that the display name can be changed *and* that such a change would also change the SEO name why not just store the member id and pull the display name dynamically from IPB's member table? That way you can use the members actual display name in stuff like templates without fear of it breaking the database (given IPB has already done the difficult bit of saving a name like "¿Por qué?" in the database).

Mat has made 2 additions: He has created a system for v32 scoring that I am not yet happy with, and we are working on right now, and he has made an improved index.php file edit that removes the hassle if you are using a custom database prefix. Thats all.

Well, that and the hook to remove the requirement for index.php edits at all (v2 support only), as well as MSSQL support.

Well, that and the hook to remove the requirement for index.php edits at all (v2 support only), as well as MSSQL support.

MSSQL support wont be something I personally release, so when we go final we can figure that out. But yeah, it's coming guys! The new iarcademod.com forums are also a work in progress. The main issue right now is I am too lazy to move over the bug tracker. :rolleyes:

MSSQL support wont be something I personally release, so when we go final we can figure that out. But yeah, it's coming guys! The new iarcademod.com forums are also a work in progress. The main issue right now is I am too lazy to move over the bug tracker. %7Boption%7D

Yeah, that's fine - I can manage supporting the MSSQL drivers myself if need be. Just might need you guys to change the data structure sometimes if we run afoul of reserved words. ;)

I know I have said it here before but I will say it again, Thanks to you guys :thumbsup: , I am not picky at all, I have iarcade on my forum and love it, my members are happy too. We are a Humble group and are very happy with your work.

I will continue to donate to you guys and the forum where the games are located.:thumbsup:

Colin - your signature is a bit screwed ;)

It is?

collin1000 I sent you another donation. ;)

Thank you very much!
There is no bonus for "another" donation though, so if you ever feel like donation again, might I advise you buy our game install service? :thumbsup:

To all who has donated:

Both myself and Collin thank you for all your donations and contributions to iArcade, without your feedback and donations it wouldn't be what it is today so thank you all.

Yes! Thanks to you guys we will be buying a new IPB license, I will be able to pay for a new screencast.com pro account (had to stop posting screenshots because I was going over my limit), and more goodies! It goes a long way folks!

After HOURS of decompiling games, sifting in source code, and digging around on the internet, Mat and I are here to make an announcement.

v32 support will be ready very shortly, in its standard form as-was.

We are still scratching our heads at how this "anti-cheat" actually works, because we have both found ways to defeat it, and there are numerous topics discussing its ineffectiveness. http://www.ibpdownloads.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=18127

From what Mat and Myself have uncovered, ibparcade v32 games offer 2 basic forms of "anti-cheat" that are quite lacking.
The first is an "enscore" that is an "encoded" score - although it really is not "encoded" - There is a basic math algorithm that is applied to the score. The algorithm is the same every time, and anyone could decrypt it and defeat it. The other half of the "anti cheat" is a timeout to score submission. This prevents people from having too much time to decode the score on their own.

Both of us are scratching our heads on this one, but we feel that the donator-bonus file of v32 game scoring should be safe to release in a day or two. Keep in mind that at this point, it only offers the "math algorithm" version of anti-cheat. We are still working on the "timeout" features.

Stay tuned!

Archived