Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The file edit is there for compatibility for ibparcade for game scoring and stuff, it is optional, but without it, you won't get full functionality and could run into issues - so not doing doing the edit will be your own fault if things mess up.

Andy/Collin, if I may ask, I've been reading and following this topic since the start and as I've stated in past comments that the only reason I'm (patiently) waiting for the release of the stable versions of this iArcade is simply because I wouldn't want to mess with too many file/skin edits. I know it's a bit early to say, but do you think the 'stable' releases will be much easier to install with not as many file edits and frustrations as I've seen throughout this topic? :unsure:

Andy/Collin, if I may ask, I've been reading and following this topic since the start and as I've stated in past comments that the only reason I'm (patiently) waiting for the release of the stable versions of this iArcade is simply because I wouldn't want to mess with too many file/skin edits. I know it's a bit early to say, but do you think the 'stable' releases will be much easier to install with not as many file edits and frustrations as I've seen throughout this topic? :unsure:

There is actually one edit, and thats a file edit in the main index.php file for backwards compatibility with ibparcade v2 games.

We hope that there will be less frustration in the stable release, but most of the confusion is coming from what games can be used and the game locations in the acp, which we have expressed MANY times in past replies and in the actual acp settings for the app.

--

To stop confusion of games: ONLY ibproarcade v2 games will work with iArcade, we recommend getting these from www.ibpdownloads.com

There is actually one edit, and thats a file edit in the main index.php file for backwards compatibility with ibparcade v2 games.

Here's a thought. What if it was made so that someone could redirect one URL to another (ie, .htaccess) and have the application use the new URL to capture the score information, thus removing the need for an edit of index.php? Then for those who can't use/edit .htaccess or can't seem to get it working, they can optionally edit index.php if they want.

Also is it possible to use the hook system to test for the old method and if it's detected, redirect to the proper URL instead of the index?

Just tossing out ideas to try to eliminate file edits, as that is the ideal way to go whenever possible.

Here's a thought. What if it was made so that someone could redirect one URL to another (ie, .htaccess) and have the application use the new URL to capture the score information, thus removing the need for an edit of index.php? Then for those who can't use/edit .htaccess or can't seem to get it working, they can optionally edit index.php if they want.

Also is it possible to use the hook system to test for the old method and if it's detected, redirect to the proper URL instead of the index?

Just tossing out ideas to try to eliminate file edits, as that is the ideal way to go whenever possible.

Not to sure, I think that in this case you could you the hook system, Collin may want to take a look at this.

Thank you for that peace of mind Andy. :thumbsup:

Your welcome Chito

What do I have to edit or add there? there was nothing about it in the instructions

And I too having a problem with swf and gif files created in the tar folder

What do I have to edit or add there? there was nothing about it in the instructions

If you open the Readme.txt file that was included with the download, you would be able to follow this link http://www.iarcademod.com/gettingstarted.php to register/install which will take you to the install instructions

wow, I finally got this up, I loaded about 14 games and am enjoying arcade finally! I notice that the high scores are not being stored, or for that matter any scores. All games are functioning without error.

Are the rest of you having no high score issues?

wow, I finally got this up, I loaded about 14 games and am enjoying arcade finally! I notice that the high scores are not being stored, or for that matter any scores. All games are functioning without error.

Did you do the edit in index.php? if not, that is why. That edit is needed for the scores to be saved. :)

If you like then I can make the file edits for you, You can send me a pm and we will take it from there.

Am I just the only dope that can't find where to download this iArcade add-on? Seems like a great idea and I would love to gie it a shot on my forums, but apparently I woke up blind today.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here you go my friend.

If you like then I can make the file edits for you, You can send me a pm and we will take it from there.

Thanks but I know how to do it myself, however I still need a solution for my problem with swf, gif and some other files with weird file names or no names at all being created in the tar folder, ACP says game installed successfully but the pages loads with a black game box not loading

I got it loaded their, but I am not able to submit scores, anything else to check?

- Make sure you followed the edit instructions correctly

- Make sure you are using v2 games

- Make sure you don't pull all your hair out trying to figure out why it won't work

Was at Disneyland today, folks. Ive actually never been there in my entire life (deprived childhood!) so I was away for a teeny bit.

I'll reply to things that caught my eye.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mybbisrael/domains/ibforum.net/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_iArcade.php on line 738

ipb 3.0.5

This issue crops up when you are viewing a score page for a game that has no scores.
I dont see why you WOULD view a score page for a game with no scores, but regardless it is a bug. Please file it in our tracker.

So which games will work on this system and where can I get them from?

ibparcade v2 games. There are a number of posted resources, the one I recommend is ibpdownloads.com

I'm getting a black game embedded box after installing a game which says was successful but games won't load at all

Seems like the path for the swf file is set for /admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all/ but nothing is being created inside that folder

What shell I do?

http://iarcademod.com/faq.php#blackbox_err

Every install I have performed has worked fine, and most users also have gotten it to work fine.
Since this is a support topic, the only posts you see are the problems. :whistle:
There is only 1 OPTIONAL file edit.

http://iarcademod.com/install/rc1.php?step=2 should fix that.

I got it loaded their, but I am not able to submit scores, anything else to check?

http://iarcademod.com/install/rc1.php?step=2

- Make sure you don't pull all your hair out trying to figure out why it won't work

I'm going bald over here

This issue crops up when you are viewing a score page for a game that has no scores.

I dont see why you WOULD view a score page for a game with no scores, but regardless it is a bug. Please file it in our tracker.

Here...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mind/your/own/damned/business/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_iArcade.php on line 738

Found a fix for this. It happens if there are no scores to display.
Skin edit, skin_iArcade / viewscores
Find: <foreach loop="$info as $i">
Before that add: <if test="count($info)">

Then after the </foreach> a few lines down, add </if>

Archived