Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please confirm me whether my uploads paths in ACP are correct or not ? I am getting the black blank screen :(

/home/mycpanel user name /public_html/letsgobasketball.com/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

and

http://www.letsgobasketball.com/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

I have checked the path through Capnel - it seems to be correct however I might be under some false impression :(

Note : My this forum shares server space with other forums of mine (if that matters at all)

Collin got it all to work mate, deleted the whole forum and then reinstalled the database in myAdmin showing the path you have added the arcade, and all is working, took some pulling out of hair, but I got there in the end.

Thanks so much for the Arcade. :thumbsup: :D

Can someone please confirm me whether my uploads paths in ACP are correct or not ? I am getting the black blank screen :(

/home/mycpanel user name /public_html/letsgobasketball.com/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

and

http://www.letsgobasketball.com/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

I have checked the path through Capnel - it seems to be correct however I might be under some false impression :(

Note : My this forum shares server space with other forums of mine (if that matters at all)

You can easily find the correct path to use if you look in your ACP->System Settings->General Configuration->Path to 'upload' directory (up to upload) i.e. /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx/uploads

Thank you all my friends for your help ... As suggested I looked into my ACP and found the path to be as follows:-

/home/my cpanel username/public_html/letsgobasketball.com/forums/

and web uploads as :-

http://www.letsgobasketball.com/forums/

Which in all means suggests to me that paths I have set in Arcade settings were correct - not sure why I am getting the black blank screen while playing games :( Edit: After uploading & while Installing games through ACP , I get an error message displayed:

IP.Board Message

Installing that game has failed because it was already installed. 

Kindly help me figure it out...

Thanks

Yups same error message and the same warning screen after I tried to import that game via ACP:-

Here is a screenshot of the warning screen captured for other games - same warning screen was there for the 'game_13isawinnerFT.tar'

[IMG]

[/IMG]

That appears to be a v32 game.

game_13isawinnerFT.tar works fine and is a v2.

Smush1 - can you try FTPing the tar to /admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars

and then clicking on Click here to view files uploaded..... under FTP uploads.

Then clicking on the 13isawinnerFT.tar file to try and install.

and then letting us know.

Amy I downloaded these games from your site and they were no where categorized so you may be knowing better but the thing is that I am having these issues even with the game which .Ian pointed out above or any/all other games also... so most probably v32 game is not likely the cause but still....

Amy I downloaded these games from your site and they were no where categorized so you may be knowing better but the thing is that I am having these issues even with the game which .Ian pointed out above or any/all other games also... so most probably v32 game is not likely the cause but still....

I know my games are not categorized by v2 or v32 but they are marked. It shows what it is below the game icon.
This is why I know that game is v32 unless I have 2 of them.
post-102170-126780916639_thumb.png

[color="#5d5d5d"][font="Arial"][size="2"]

game_13isawinnerFT.tar works fine and is a v2.

Smush1 - can you try FTPing the tar to /admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars

and then clicking on Click here to view files uploaded..... under FTP uploads.

Then clicking on the 13isawinnerFT.tar file to try and install.

and then letting us know.[/size][/font][/color][color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]

[/font][/color]

The file was found to be already uploaded when checked through 'Click here to view files uploaded..... under FTP uploads' and clicking 13isawinnerFT.tar gives the same error message :

IP.Board Message

might also be worth checking that that tars directory/folder has 775 or above permissions.

They are set as 755

I know my games are not categorized by v2 or v32 but they are marked. It shows what it is below the game icon.

This is why I know that game is v32 unless I have 2 of them.

post-102170-126780916639_thumb.png

Again thanks for pointing that out Amy but the fact remains the same - the game which .Ian pointed out is also not working , so.....

drat, currently the only way to remove a game fully is to clear the tar from the iarcade_tars table.

Okay, one last thing, so we can eliminate your uploading.

Download a new v2 game from Amy's site.

FTP to the tar folder - /admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars
then install as per the instructions above.
If that still fails then, you are going to need to wait for Andy or Collin to assist.

They are set as 755

sorry meant 755, that is fine.

The file was found to be already uploaded when checked through 'Click here to view files uploaded..... under FTP uploads' and clicking 13isawinnerFT.tar gives the same error message :

IP.Board Message

Yeah, that happens when an install fails because it can't move the files. You need to go into the database and remove the game. Next, change the permission on the admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tar directory to 777 and then also on admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all and admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all/img

The file permission checks needs to be added to the installation instructions.

drat, currently the only way to remove a game fully is to clear the tar from the iarcade_tars table.

Okay, one last thing, so we can eliminate your uploading.

Download a new v2 game from Amy's site.

FTP to the tar folder - [color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="2"]/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="2"] [/size][/font][/color][color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="2"]then install as per the instructions above.[/size][/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif"][size="2"] [/size][/font][/color]If that still fails then, you are going to need to wait for Andy or Collin to assist.

sorry meant 755, that is fine.

downloaded v2 game & installed - everything remains same :(

Download updated (as requested) to fix three issues:

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-63-when-voting-returning-fatal-error/

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-66-acp-manage-games-pagination/

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-37-remove-game/

Sorry if this has been answered, but for those of us who installed before this change, do we have to un-install and then re-install, or can we just swap a few files? Thanks in advance for any help there.

Archived