Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

I do not think there are many bugs, the biggest issue is that there are no games with the arcade and nobody knows how to obtain a tar file or how to put swf files into one.

if we could get/install some games we would be away and running :)

Well, if anyone finds where to get games please provide a link. I think I'm going to wait until I can add some game games before I try and tackle the install. I'm a very new newbie so this may be a hard task for me. When it comes to getting into my sever control panel, I get a little nervouse because it's all very greek for me. i was hoping for some very detailed instructions...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collin deals with the whole licensing stuff so you will need to ask him.

As for the games, we are not authorized to actually distribute games with the system unfortunately, we can however install a random amount of games for a small fee,

no worries - however the install page says it does ;)

And it would be nice to have some instructions as to how to a) create a tar and b) upload swf files etc.

Without games the arcade is an empty room ;)

One small typo in

$errmsg = "You do not have any games in this catagory. Please add some games to this catagory and try again";

should be

$errmsg = "You do not have any games in this category. Please add some games to this category and try again";

Well, for some good news as far as installation.
I have a functional iArcade on my practice site, shows icons, imports and plays games, and it saves scores on games (I have seen some games that will not save no matter what I do in the past).

The only errors (so far) are on trying to vote on a game or set it as a favorite (which I reported earlier)The blank white screen with only this at the top.
Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_iArcade_24::vote() in /home/castleke/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/modules_public/arcade/arcade.php on line 469.

I'm not that savvy at setting up the skin fix that you mentioned, so will have to wait to see if this gets corrected or something we just have to do ourselves.

However it "is" saving the votes both positive and negative when you hit the back button. Comments, edit comments, and delete comments works fine for me.

I uninstalled using the uninstaller in the ACP
Erased everything from the old install
Uploaded the new files
Installed with no errors telling it to Over right old sql files (just in case since it wasn't an upgrade).
These are the settings for my two boxes
FIRST BOX
/home/castleke/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

SECONDBOX
admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

I know my settings may not work for everyone, but mine was a simple default install on a default directory structure with no special folder names or moving the games folder from the default install location. Most of my prior problems were in the paths in these two setup boxes.

Sorry for the long post.

Where the hell has the installation file gone, there is a donate link, done that @£30, there is a register link, done that. But where the hell has the install file gone. I see people here crying out for help and no one getting any answers.

I mean when you read the thread back, a lot of the things that were going to go in this are not there, there is not even a way to delete a game without going to PHPMyAdmin, am I glad I did not install this on my Army board.

Yeah there is absolutely no way to delete a game without going thru phpmyadmin which is a pain in itself.. There NEEDS to be a delete game option...and you need to add .SWF support, this .tar file business is crazy, 90% of the games you find that you can download, are in ZIP files, containing .swf files, not .tar.

Thanks for that feedback, I would say to PM me to fix the voting thing but since I ain't available much to do it, you'd need to either try the instructions provided in the tracker yourself or wait for Collin to get things sorted.

Thanks for the offer, I played around in there and read the bug report and actually managed to figure out how to add that. Learn something everyday. All seems to be running smoothly now.

As far as the free games it takes several hours sometimes and with an influx it may take longer at ipbarcade. With the free account you get 15 games download a day. There should be some other free game providers also. If I find any I will post it.

iArcade was mainly based to use ibparcade v2 scoring games at the moment, .SWF support is available, but it needs to be installed through myphpadmin and I know its a pain, we shall continue to look into this also for deleting games, that is on-hold at the moment according to the tracker so we are still looking into this.

You need them to verify the account.....which seems like nobody gives a crap about new users.....

I give a crap about all users/ members of my site.
I have been watching this thread with out replying for a while and I was thinking I could offer downloads on my site but do to where I get some of the games only half of them will be able to be downloaded.
I have not started to offer downloads but could if need be.

ipbarcade's website has been down all day.

Also, Ron, how did you fix the vote thing? Could you post instructions on how to do it?

Sure if it's alright with Andy and Collin I'm glad to.

Go into the ACP under look and feel and select the first skin you want to fix (all skins need the edit)
Select Manage Skin Sets & Templates
Select Manage Templates & CSS of the skin
Under Templates select skin_iArcade
At the top of the column select "Add new bit"
In the window that opens in "Template Bit Name:" place vote
In the Add to Group use the pull down and click on skin_iArcade
Leave the next one blank
Then in "Data Variables" place $vote
You should now have a new addition in the left pane of "vote"
Click on that and insert the coding found in this post http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-63-when-voting-returning-fatal-error/
Then click "Save"

Hope this helps.

What format are those games in?

Are they in .tar's?

I have no ideas as I registered there, several hours ago and have not yet been approved.

They are in tar's and they have both V2 and 32 there so be observant of which one you download (when you get verified) they also have them separated into categories of V2 and V32

Archived