Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iArcade has a ton of great features, including a challenge system, favorites, a clean game ranking page. It also supports a .tar importer to quickly import games in just 2 clicks. iArcade has shown its power on about 3 dozen test boards during our signup phase. We hope to release iArcade to everyone very shortly. Now is the time to get in on the action! Here is a video demonstrating some of the power that iArcade Beta5 brings to the table: http://screencast.com/t/MjQ3MmY5 For those of you who have been waiting almost a year for an arcade, the wait is no more. iArcade will leave the private beta testing and will begin its first round of public beta testing on March 1st, 2010. We encourage you to subscribe to this topic, browse some of the posted screenshots, and stay tuned. Thanks for all your continued support! Side Note: Andy will be taking time off as he eagerly awaits becoming a first time father. He has told me he expects to have little to no time to check the IPS forums. As such, I will take over full development of iArcade during the final release stage.

What Is iArcade?

iArcade is the first (and only) free highscores arcade system for IPB3.

Thanks for the video showing a bit about iArcade!

I haven't seen iArcade in action so just have a few questions, hope you don't mind.

1. Will it display games in alphabetical order? I noticed in the video the games were mixed.
2. Does it have a search function to locate the game you want to play?
3. Can you open the game in another window (many of my users like this!!)?
4. What kinds of game restrictions are there? I know that one of the older arcades had a list of games you could not use.
5. Are there any demo sites that don't require you to register?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the video showing a bit about iArcade!

I haven't seen iArcade in action so just have a few questions, hope you don't mind.

1. Will it display games in alphabetical order? I noticed in the video the games were mixed.

2. Does it have a search function to locate the game you want to play?

3. Can you open the game in another window (many of my users like this!!)?

4. What kinds of game restrictions are there? I know that one of the older arcades had a list of games you could not use.

5. Are there any demo sites that don't require you to register?

Thanks!!

1. This will be a feature. The default option sorts by order added (newest games first).
2. It did for about an hour. It was semi-resource intensive so im still considering the best way to go about doing this.
3. Popout full screen windows were discussed earlier. I will continue to consider this.
4. It supports all flash games, and the scoring system supports ibparcade v2 format. There are over 4,000 games you can download from sites like ibpdownloads.com
5. Because we are still in a private beta, there is no current demo site. This will change shortly as we near public beta.

Got it working, i did first deleted at the database the installed games, and removed the first "/" from the Web Location so it looks now like: admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all
Great arcade, cant wait for the ftp install because more then 7300 v2 games 1 by 1 installing .....

Got it working, i did first deleted at the database the installed games, and removed the first "/" from the Web Location so it looks now like: admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

Great arcade, cant wait for the ftp install because more then 7300 v2 games 1 by 1 installing .....

1) Yes, the ACP says to remove the leading slash if you are having trouble.

2) Here. Here is the rough, unskinned FTP code.
WARNING: It does not check if a game is or is not already installed yet. Sooooo you might end up breaking some stuff. Dont come crying to me.
Its a rough hack until the next beta.

Open /admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/modules_admin/games/import.php

Find:

public function showForm() { $this->html->form_code = 'module=games&section=import'; $formcode = 'save'; $title = 'iArcade Game Importer'; $button = 'Upload File'; $form['iArcade_upload'] = $this->registry->output->formUpload(); $this->registry->output->html .= $this->html->import_page($formcode,$title,$button,$form);

Add Below:

//Begin FTP Hack $location = IPSLib::getAppDir( 'iArcade' )."/sources/tars/"; if ($handle = opendir($location)) { Echo "quick hack (NOT SUPPORTED!) to import games that are already in ftp. only click one at a time, please and thankyou. <br>upload new files to $location <br> WARNING: It isnt smart enough to know what files have already been installed. Im working on that. This is a quick hack for those of you who want FTP support.<br><br><br> "; while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))) { if ($file != "." && $file != ".." && $file != "index.html" && $file != "gamedata") { $sname=str_replace(".tar", "", $file); $sname=str_replace("game_", "", $sname); echo " <li><a href='index.php?adsess={$_GET[adsess]}&amp;app=iArcade&amp;module=games&amp;section=import&amp;do=untar&amp;tarfile_name=$sname&amp;tarfile=$file'>$file\n</a></li><br> "; } } closedir($handle); } //End FTP Hack

Hi,

First thanks for doing this, Just have a couple of questions sorry if they have been asked. Will you have the stuff that goes on top of the forum like Top 3 Arcade Champions, Arcade Scoreboard, ibProArcade Board Panel ?

First of all, welcome to IPB!
Thanks for taking an interest in iArcade.
Top Champions is planned and will be shown in the gamescp area.
Im not sure what you mean by "arcade scoreboard".

What is the arcade board panel?

WARNING: It does not check if a game is or is not already installed yet. Sooooo you might end up breaking some stuff. Dont come crying to me.

Will try this today, and for having no problems i will delete again all games at the database.

1) Yes, the ACP says to remove the leading slash if you are having trouble.

Open /admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/modules_admin/games/import.php

Find:

public function showForm() { $this->html->form_code = 'module=games&section=import'; $formcode = 'save'; $title = 'iArcade Game Importer'; $button = 'Upload File'; $form['iArcade_upload'] = $this->registry->output->formUpload(); $this->registry->output->html .= $this->html->import_page($formcode,$title,$button,$form);

Add Below:

//Begin FTP Hack $location = IPSLib::getAppDir( 'iArcade' )."/sources/tars/"; if ($handle = opendir($location)) { Echo "quick hack (NOT SUPPORTED!) to import games that are already in ftp. only click one at a time, please and thankyou. <br>upload new files to $location <br> WARNING: It isnt smart enough to know what files have already been installed. Im working on that. This is a quick hack for those of you who want FTP support.<br><br><br> "; while (false !== ($file = readdir($handle))) { if ($file != "." && $file != ".." && $file != "index.html" && $file != "gamedata") { $sname=str_replace(".tar", "", $file); $sname=str_replace("game_", "", $sname); echo " <li><a href='index.php?adsess={$_GET[adsess]}&amp;app=iArcade&amp;module=games&amp;section=import&amp;do=untar&amp;tarfile_name=$sname&amp;tarfile=$file'>$file\n</a></li><br> "; } } closedir($handle); } //End FTP Hack

First of all, welcome to IPB!
Thanks for taking an interest in iArcade.
Top Champions is planned and will be shown in the gamescp area.
Im not sure what you mean by "arcade scoreboard".

What is the arcade board panel?

Arcade Board Panel - a hook that shows on the board index that displays things like 5 top scores, 5 top games, 5 latest games.

I think this could be a good idea :D

Arcade Board Panel - a hook that shows on the board index that displays things like 5 top scores, 5 top games, 5 latest games.

I think this could be a good idea :D

If that was the case, I would certainly hope there would be a way to turn it off, its not a facility we would need, and no other arcade ever had it. It would just bloat the board panel even more, so sorry no I do not think there would be any advantage to having this mate. >_<

If that was the case, I would certainly hope there would be a way to turn it off, its not a facility we would need, and no other arcade ever had it. It would just bloat the board panel even more, so sorry no I do not think there would be any advantage to having this mate. >_<

Well it could be developed as a seperate hook :P

I like the idea but yes it needs to be separated.

Thats how I'd do it, a seperate (optional) downloadable hook, bit like how Bouncy Radio Center is, it has a couple of optional downloadable hooks to place radio stats else where on the board index, and this is how I would do a board panel for iArcade.

Archived