[SUG] ability to choose how the navigation bar's tabs are arranged

Enkidu

Hello

here the nav. bar goes like: IPS, Forums, Help, ...etc.

well I want to re-arrange that on my board to the way that suit my board's purpose. Say I want it to be:

IP.Contents, forum, shoot-box, help ...and so on.

the manage application ACP page is currently limited as you can't move IPC above the core application :unsure:

for sure I can edit my skins to get the job done but every-time you customize a skin's bit you're preventing it from being automatically upgraded when an upgrade is available.

what do you thing guys? is it worth implementing or is it one of those Enkidu boring dumb and topics? :blush:

[quote name='Elanor' date='08 November 2009 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1257710289' post='1877064']
Did you try ordering the applications in ACP. When I did, the order of my tabs changed with it. Just drag 'n drop in ACP

Elanor

yes, but you can't get them past the core application, that's what I'm talking about.

[quote name='Enkidu' date='08 November 2009 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1257710781' post='1877067']
yes, but you can't get them past the core application, that's what I'm talking about.

exactly, for example, "IPSubscriptions" is a "3rd party add-on" and therefor cant be placed ahead of "IPS Add-ons" or the "core/root" applications on the menu.
More so than that, a option to include at a minimum, other local links, say a page made in IPContent instead of being forced to use a generic "Pages" tab in the menu.

(BTW, I know there is a paid mod) ;)

[quote name='broni' date='08 November 2009 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1257737534' post='1877193']
Take a look here: http://www.smartestc...showtopic=37976
Last paragraph.

Although your article don't help true ordering in the nav or solve enkidu's issue (being done in the skin vs. ACP), it does allow for local or external links in the nav. Big +1 for you.
Thanks for the link to the article and extra thanks for your skinning guide........ a HUGE timesaver :thumbsup:

Archived