Group Leaders

MageUK

Alright so phpBB has this feature where once an admin makes a group, they can give it one or more group leaders. Once the group has a leader, these leaders can add/remove members from the member group, which is very useful when you have groups of staff with their own individual leaders as it means they don't need Admin CP access. Is there anything I'm missing like this for IPB?

I know it can be done by giving the leader restricted ACP access but that lets them edit any users and put them in any group (except Admins which can be restricted).

Cheers,
Peter

I don't see any use for it in IP.Board, other than for Administrators. Where one user would be at the top, and the rest wouldn't be allowed to Manage (Edit, Move, Delete, Create) anything to do with Administrators.

It's easy to use ACP Restrictions for this though.

[quote name='Dark Slipstream' date='18 September 2009 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1253290364' post='1857140']
It's easy to use ACP Restrictions for this though.

That allows the group leader to edit any groups for that member though. You can stop them adding to the admin group or editing admins but they could change ANY groups of any other member, not just the group they're supposed to be in charge of.

[quote name='Dark Slipstream' date='18 September 2009 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1253290364' post='1857140']
I don't see any use for it in IP.Board, other than for Administrators.

That's presumably because you haven't used it in phpBB. It's not in any other software than phpBB as far as I know, but when you have been using it for years and then it's removed, you see just how useful it was. When you have a website hierarchy, with inidividual areas of staff who have their own leaders for these areas, it's extremely useful for them to be able to edit the member groups that they are the leaders of.

• 3 months later...

Archived