Reset Ownership after installing 3.0.1

This is a DirectAdmin problem and not IPB :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, the ownership might have change to Apache and not the user.
please note it's not the permissions, but the ownership that might have stopped you from moving/edit files one way or another:)

Technically it's no big issue, since it's easy to change the ownership back if you have root access.

Also the logs will show which files have been changed.

Simple fix.

(But I'm not sure how this would work on a Shared hosting environment since I'm not so familiar with non-root/ssh controls)

Technically it's no big issue, since it's easy to change the ownership back if you have root access.

Also the logs will show which files have been changed.

Simple fix.

(But I'm not sure how this would work on a Shared hosting environment since I'm not so familiar with non-root/ssh controls)

In a Shared environment, if the file owner is apache:apache, nobody:nobody, root:root, or any combination of those 3 users, you must have root access to change it.

SSH, cPanel/DirectAdmin, WHM, whatever, but it must be the root account.

I had this problem before I got my dedi. And to my Host's credit, he was very prompt in resetting permissions for me when I requested it back then.

(And once I enabled suPHP, the occasional hiccups with file ownership stopped, as well as relieving me of the need to change certain directories to 777.)

• 2 weeks later...

Recurrsively chmod all directories located in your IP.Board installation to 777. ([b]chmod -R 777 /path/to/forum[/b])

Then chmod conf_global.php back to 444 (after installation/upgrade). ([b]chmod 444 /path/to/conf_global.php[/b])

Archived