idea!

Guest iMonkey

So i noticed that the advertisers on my board keep posting the same (or at least same domain name) at the bottom of the single post that comes from each account they make. Then i noticed I cant really do what i want to do with the current IPB. What I want to do is add a ban type where if a certain link (or word, for other circumstances) is included in a post, options we choose are automatically executed, like say moving the user to the "banned" user group and maybe banning the ip. that'd be nice.

well thats what this idea is founded on. they've been spamming the same friggin drug treatment center links all over my boards and i've been manually dealing with it. i'd want to basically make it so that if a user posts a post with anything with a link to drugtreatmentdomainhere, it would automatically prevent the post from being posted and the user's ip be banned.

I think a developer can make that. Detect X variable, then demote account temporary to validating. And an admin can come in to verify it. X can be defined by many things, usually long queries such as "xyzdrugcompanyforsale.com" should be detected, not a sentence where a person mentions the name of the "drug company."

Archived