Warning manager/mod panel

Guest Morrigan

I think its obvious in 3.0 a majority of us want a better moderator system without having to get a mod and install it, there are things that we think should be there by default.

I thought I'd make a topic for people to suggest their wants for this.

I've suggested a few things on the subject of warnings:
Neutral warnings
Member rap sheet (past offenses and notes in easy viewing format to check for duplicate offenses or neglect of the same thing)
Warning categories

I would also like to add to my above suggestions:
Centralized mod panel

• Let mods choose if they get an email or PM about reports or just an assistant notification
  • One place to view reports for all moderators
  • Super moderators and admins are able to overview the way the posts are being taken care of.
  • Ability to restrict reports to showing to only those moderators over their forums which means that super mods and admins can view all but normal mods only those in their forums.
  • Severity levels for escalation to notify super mods or admins that they need to intervene on more severe issues
  • Possibly a Link in the member bar to show how many pending reports there are (similar to report manager) that takes the mod to the mod panel.
  • Topics/Posts moderation queue to show which posts need to be approved.
  • Ability to modify, close and move topics from the mod panel
  • Manage warnings and notes
  • Ability to PM user about change of posts from this panel and logged in user notes to keep track of them. (Probably linked to the neutral warnings).

Please suggest more but those are some things that I hope others really want as well.

Why not? You don't want a log of PMs sent when a moderator PMs a member about a broken rule? I certainly do because if there is a problem in the future I have documentation on EVERY step taken to resolve the issue. Not having those PMs in the panel and logged through the panel is sort of silly.

Besides that if its integrated into the current warning system and it is just taken as a neutral warning the PM should be sent and logged regardless.

I agree with basically everything mentioned, up to a point that I have nothing to add at this moment then to give my +1 for this suggestion.

All moderators includes gallery-only and blog-only mods too btw?

Also if we could also throw in a "reported post" section under there also, and "posts awaiting moderation"

Both are mentioned in the list.

All moderators includes gallery-only and blog-only mods too btw?

I believe it should and they should only have access to the things they mod.

Someone can be a spammer on both the forum and the gallery, and even in the blog comments. I want my gallery mods to be able to see what their colleagues on the forum and/or the blogs, already warned someone for and vice versa, but also any notes that would be added to a member via the moderation controls. To avoid my 3 mod-teams taking the same actions against one member. It's only rare cases in which this happens, so we have a topic for this situation in our all-staff forum, but having what we do by hand now integrated in the moderation controls would leave a lot less mess in our staff forums.

Then you suggest the option to let mods see all content? I don't want all my mods to see all mod content. My prevention for that issue is my super mods who can see all of this and decide if further action needs to be taken against a single member. I absolutely don't want my normal mods to see things reported that they have no control over and I don't want them to take action on it either so perhaps both options should be available like:

"View all reports?" Yes/No

"View all Actions"?" Yes/No

Why not? [b]You don't want a log of PMs sent when a moderator PMs a member about a broken rule?[/b] I certainly do because if there is a problem in the future I have documentation on EVERY step taken to resolve the issue. Not having those PMs in the panel and logged through the panel is sort of silly.

Then you will need to store those PM in the database, Meaning if you have a busy board and you warn alot of members a day and PM sent every day the size of that table can increase in a short time. That's why i am kinda against this feature. Personally leaving this as a modification is better since all of those won't be used by everyone, But suggesting features such as the 'Pre Defined Warning Points' (Like the multi moderation) is something that WILL be used by most members.

What is needed is a system where the reports is stored and made easily accessible for the moderators. We use a modification for this over at my forum.
It is what let's us keep the report button there, because frankly, nobody cares about mass pms or mass mailings.

We should keep the button as a way of members reporting. But if there could be two levels of access.
Forum mod. Lets them read reports and approvals on their forums.
Super mods: let them view reports on all forums, and approvals to. They can also manage the infraction/bans from there.

Archived