Not A Happy Customer.

Guest lost_dom

Before I bought IPB, I was told that it was extremely easy to use for beginners, and that if you found anything difficult, there were guides to use that would help you out.

All I want to do is use my own domain which I bought from 1and1.co.uk.

I've changed the nameservers in my DNS settings, so that part is done, and next I was told I needed to change the address in conf_global.php, but I have no idea where that is.

I just found out its in Cpanel, and so I went there, and things are now even more complicated as there is all this stuff about PHP sql and all other complicated stuff which I have no idea about. Anyway, I read the help files about how to use your own domain, but this is all thats there.

"How do I create an Addon Domain?

How do I remove an Addon Domain?

How do I create an Addon Domain Redirection?

How do I park a domain?

How do I redirect a web site or web page to another web site or web page?
How do I create a Subdomain?

How do I remove a Subdomain?

How do I create a Subdomain Redirection?
"

I dont want any of the above, I want to use my own. E.G

My current forum name is "www.DOMAINHERE.invisionzone.com/index.php"
but I want to use "www.DOMAINHERE.com/index.php" instead of that.

Im new to this, and was told it would all be easy for beginners, but I think someone lied ;)

Sorry if I seem a bit angry, its just im in a rush to get things sorted, and im hoping my forum would be fully up and running by tomorow, but I have a feeling it wont be.

When I was with invisionfree, usuing my own domain was simple and only took a day at most, and I was hoping this would be similar.

I appreciate everything, but all I want is one simple answer which will explain how to use my own domain, rather than getting half an answer which doesn't make sense to me, like "edit conf_global.php in your forum root to change the address in there to your new one", because I have no idea where/what forum root is, or confglobal".

Could someone please point me in the right direction as to where I can find a step by step easy guide on how to use my own domain? I'd appreciate it ALOT.

Also, I know this isn't a support forum, but i'd appreciate it if someone could just help me out.

Do you need technical support?

You can obtain support via the client area, or you can try to obtain peer-to-peer support at IPS Beyond.

Did you find a bug in IP.Board?

If you believe you've found a bug please post it to the bug tracker.

Have a suggestion or feedback?

Post it here. Thanks!

I have been helping you over on IPSBeyond, with detailed replies etc. What you are wanting to do is very easy but a bit tricky to explain. As i have a 1&1 domain and two boards (one IPS hosted and one hosted elsewhere) i know the procedure for 1&1. I have tried to explain each part step by step and which options to pick at each stage etc.

Topic link for the curious... > http://www.ipsbeyond.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27415

One thing to bear in mind is IPSBeyond is mainly customer-to-customer support. Not really offical support as such. Im just a customer like you.

Hopefully you have resolved this issue now :)

Archived