Other IPB's

Guest Relient K

Hey administrators please note this isnt trying to advertise.

But people have kept on telling me that IPB isnt just by invisionpower.com

So I was like ok? i dont care.. until now, everyones telling me i have to get a different ipb to install mods like rep code and money code, wich doesnt even make sense.

Can anyone tell me were to get an IPB that lets you use mods? I just paid for this last week but, I really need mods :\

also IPSBeyond says my license has expired, and when i contact them it says im not allowed too.

People must be confusing either versions or the fact that you can't install modifications manually if you are hosted by Invision Power Services.
Not every version of IPB have the same modifications, because the mods. are not always upgraded, but there are still plenty for each one.

Nah someone else installed them for me :P I *think* it depends what hosting you have.. I have a perpetual licence but if you go for the hosting with board included I *think* the files are encoded so you can't alter them but I'm not sure

wait i wanna get an explanation of thsi before i purchase ANYTHING else:

Is there ANYONE else who provides IPB for a monthly fee ( 20$ about or less ) wich can be modded skinned and everything, and what all do i need?

it sounds like i need a board and a license but im REALLY confused and before i buy anything else i would like to know what i need.

wait i wanna get an explanation of thsi before i purchase ANYTHING else:

Is there ANYONE else who provides IPB for a monthly fee ( 20$ about or less ) wich can be modded skinned and everything, and what all do i need?

it sounds like i need a board and a license but im REALLY confused and before i buy anything else i would like to know what i need.

There isn't anyone that is doing this with a recent version of IPB, and even then you wouldn't be able to install modifications on most of those services. If you wish to install and modify your installation of IPB, you should purchase a license and get hosting where you can afford, this really is the best method. You could also live without modifications, as most modifications, only lead to security issues anyways in my eyes.

Please submit a support ticket through the Client Area, someone there will be happy to help you out. As mentioned, we do not provide support on these forums.

You can find the client area at http://www.invisionpower.com/customer :)

Regarding the IPS Beyond issue, apparently there is a global problem with it saying the license is expired, this should be fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Archived