ticket closed as SPAM

Guest sunrisecc

In early May, I opened a ticket stating that whenever I open a ticket, the time displayed in always shown as 5 hours ahead. I did this more of a matter of curiosity. I did agree that this was of little importance as it did not affect the ticket and the ticket could be given the lowest of priority. Today while downloading from the client centre. I checked the status of the ticket. It was marked closed with a status of SPAM. I was never notified. I am bewildered why it was considered SPAM.

Today I opened another ticket on a different matter at 11:30 AM EDT. The following is a partial screen shot of the ticket.

ticket_time.jpg
It shows the time as 4:30 PM EDT - a difference of 5 hours.
I do not care if it never gets solved but I object to the original being called SPAM.

I do apologise for that - the set ticket as spam option is very close to the resolved/working/closed status markers in the drop down menu so I can only assume that it was selected accidently, we certainly wouldn't intentionally do that. The SPAM status option is there for the sole reason of clearing away SPAM e-mails sent to our sales/support e-mail addresses. Have updated the status of that ticket now for you. :)

Will also add this issue to the client area bug tracker so it can be resolved in a future update.

I assume (RE the time difference) it will be using the server time, and not your local time. :)

If what you are saying is correct, then the EDT (time zone) is incorrect.

@ Alex

Thank you. Since I am no longer considered a spammer, I can sleep better tonight. :P

lol they have lots of tickets about help every day, and you submited a ticked about the time that is displayed I mean OMG everyone would consider this as SPAM the IPS tickets - are for help only not emmm why is your time different lol

What you fail to understand is that I had agreed that the ticket be given a very low priority. There was also three or four follow-ups which stated that it would be eventually looked at. There was a three week gap when it was marked pending. I never pushed to get it escalated. Only today, I saw that it was marked SPAM. The ticket was also submitted as an FYI. How else could a customer submit any bug he finds?

With Alex putting a report on the internal bug tracker, that is satisfactory to me and I now consider the matter closed.

Just to clarify, we certainly appreciate those kind of matters being brought to our attention - we obviously want to make sure everything works right in our customer center and need to know about these things, so that's absolutely an appropriate ticket to submit.

Thanks for taking the time to help us out, we appreciate it!

Archived